Rough-Forged Traveler's Celt Test Piece

icemanax.gif

"The discovery of the body of a man from 5000 years ago in the Alps provides a fascinating glimpse into life in Neolithic (New Stone Age) Europe."

"The major surprise given the age of the remains was the copper bit in the axe, shown above, which was found at the site. The copper bit had been cast and smoothed. It was mounted in a carved yew-wood haft. A chemical examination of the copper indicates from the impurities such as arsenic that the ore came from the Alps."

http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/iceman.htm

Bob

nd conversely,why Were the "celt" type lashed-on axes so widespread,when a machete-like tool is so versatile and efficient...

I posted earlier here that IF I were to take one tool, and my own hide out to survive.... This "socketed "Axe" could be used for anything from cleaning fish, building a REAL shelter, to furrowing land.

It can be sharpened on a boulder, and the handle choice is unlimited. (not infinite however).

Given that this tool is presented, and I am now aware that these type items exist... The machete, and Axe are not even close to what I would prefer.

If I had go-fers to do the work? whatever... Me alone? A socketed Axe!

Sales ( i believe) were not the intent of this thread but I would certainly buy one.

It's a Zombie thing.
OP! If you decide to sell them at a marketable price... I'm your Huckleberry. ;)

There'll possibly be a few extras depending on how many my core group ends up nabbing, though that remains to be seen. Will definitely post more of the project progress as things move ahead. The guy putting this early piece through its paces has been kept a little busy with other things the past couple of weeks and I've had my attention pulled 5 directions at once with other projects as well, but it's been brewing a long time and won't be forgotten!

Sir! you have my full attention.

This isn't pimping myself is it? I want to stay within the rules here....
You never know when the zombies will strike tho. I might need to dig a hole at some point.:thumbsup:

I will retract these posts if I did something inappropriate.

Sorry I'm late to this party. But, I gotta say that the idea is way too cool. Thanks for sharing your time experience and ideas. While I may not need such a thing as this I do truly appreciate expanding my information and knowledge.

I do not see any more updates on this. I hope that the story continues to its fruition.

There'll be more as things progress--I'm just juggling something like 5x different projects right now. :)

Back