Rough Rider Bar Back = thumbs up

kingston73

Gold Member
Just got a rough rider bar back from smoky mountain and it’s probably going to be my new edc for a while. It borders on non-traditional, finger choil and cap opener built into the main blade. I wouldn’t want to carry it without some type of pocket sheath because of all the extra sharp edges but overall I’m very happy with it and it’s definitely something different.

BD1A5BC5-FD9F-43FA-BD64-9428CE3FAC20.jpeg 9D27331A-69D5-4F95-A41B-8A551D39B44A.jpeg

Mine showed up yesterday, too. Funny, I almost didn't order it because of the unusual design but I decided to try it. I am very impressed with the quality and fit and finish. I just wish that they would come out with some traditional patterns.

And I thought the Beer and Sausage knife was a little off the beam... But, something for everybody, you know.

.....am very glad somebody loves it besides its mother...! :thumbsup:

How well does that bottle-opener work.........does it not look the wrong side of the folding blade.... :confused:

I suppose you could say that it opens in reverse of other traditional folders; from the show side, the blade swings open from right to left.

I suppose you could say that it opens in reverse of other traditional folders; from the show side, the blade swings open from right to left.
With everything else going on with that knife, I hadn't noticed that before... very funky.

So it's a folding bottle opener with a pen blade secondary? Is that bottle opener edged? It looks weird...like an afterthought.
Sorry not for me....there's too much going on there..
Listen to me...I sound like Leonard Maltin.....
"It's a flop! I gave it a 4."
Thanks for showing though and Glad you like it....was it RR value wise or are they getting pricey....?

They are getting pricey, but only for the good stuff (RRR). I'd have to say that considering the build quality, they are worth every penny.

Back