Rough Rider & Related Slipjoints

It's the same size as my 110. I was able to hand pick it between two others that didn't look as good, and the tan sheath is really nice as well!

if you get the opportunity try out the new colt stag bone,or buckshot bone trappers,or teardrop jacks.....
jd

This one

Photo511.jpg

fixed.
You need to wrap the address with
instead of [url]

if you get the opportunity try out the new colt stag bone,or buckshot bone trappers,or teardrop jacks.....
jd

Did someone say Colt Stag Bone Series? [emoji12]. Didn't get them all, but a good chunk. Kind of liked them, especially for the price. Also have a bunch of dups as users, and given as gifts. Not sure if I kept any of the buckshot bone, but I like their looks too.

35176sm.jpg

Yesterday was my 60th and my wife surprised me with this white bone barlow...she sneaked into my wish list on the big online site.
This is fast becoming a favorite as the fit and finish is excellent! The bone is nicely peppered and very smooth, perfect as a worry stone. hey I made it to 60, after a heart stent age 50...no worries.
The clip and pen came in sharp, with a smooth walk and a pull of 7 , great snap . Brass liners and pins that are flush to the bone. Bone /bolster transition is pretty good, can't feel them. Tight between the covers and liners. No half stop.
When I compare it to my Ka-bar coppersmith doghead barlow, I am amazed as the f&f is very close. The RR coming in slightly thinner overall, although the blades are a smidge thicker...the match strike nail pulls are an added plus.
Very pleased!

Last edited:
Congrats. The mix of grey/black within the white reminds me of carrera marble. I like it :thumbup:

A belated Happy Birthday!
Congrats on the new knife!

Steve, Happy birthday! That's a great gift from your wife.

Looks great. A belated happy birthday.
I just gotta get home now and see the one I ordered for my Christmas present last year. It did not arrive until after I had to go back to work. :(

A belated happy 60th Steve! Great-looking Barlow, I couldn't resist picking one of those up myself :thumbup:

Swayback, you say compared with the Kabar Doghead Barlow, this RR is a little thinner but blade stock slightly thicker. That could be a description for a vintage Sheffield knife and they had patterns figured out to the absolute zenith. Slender in a folding knife is superior.
Price independent, Rough Rider is making a high quality knife. The other amazing fact besides the high quality is consistency, you hardly ever get one with a serious 'issue', a lower incidence than with any other knife brand.
I sure hope they can keep this up.
kj

Back