Rough Rider & Related Slipjoints

Just bought this in an antique store , but it isn't antique , and probably never will carry it. Just liked it.

Schrade Uncle Henry made probably in 2010 . Well made and sharp and never used.

Harry

Not the best picture but 2 Rough Riders and a Colt Barlow.
RoughRiders.jpg

Excellent knives for the money.

The Rough Riders, Colts, etc. kickstarted my small collection. Dispite the price, they often almost look too good to use [emoji4] I have acquired a nice bunch of them:

b28b8fe65bb16bc562cbedd253531d7e.jpg

ba924f7dec027e4d5ba2302036f4a7ab.jpg

I've been looking for a scratted RR Barlow like that top one. I really like that knife. Nice knives.

The RR Barlow is certainly an extremely decent version of the pattern, well put together, fine range of handles and very sharp indeed. A credible knife in all ways.

Thanks, Will

The Rough Riders, Colts, etc. kickstarted my small collection. Dispite the price, they often almost look too good to use [emoji4] I have acquired a nice bunch of them:

b28b8fe65bb16bc562cbedd253531d7e.jpg

ba924f7dec027e4d5ba2302036f4a7ab.jpg

Some drool worthy knives there. I especially like the looks of that Lansky stockman and Rough Rider yellow handle canoe.

Has anybody tried out the fixed blades/hunters? Did they come sharp also and how durable for actual use? pictures in hand would be nice too:)

I think I've showed this one before. The grinds were off, fit and finish was ok but not as good as my slippies for this brand.

The surprising thing is the heat treat was great. After I reprofiled it, it kept an edge through some kitchen floor work. I was digging, cutting hard plastic etc... I use it as a work knife but I don't think it's going to replace a mora or fiddleback anytime soon, lol.

Last edited:
Thanks cchu. Looks like I can still use one as a steak knife at the cabin . Thinking of making up a set of 6 for a gift also for my bro. But a knife with a more traditional look. Might throw in a mora as they are cheap enough!

Some drool worthy knives there. I especially like the looks of that Lansky stockman and Rough Rider yellow handle canoe.
Thanks afishhunter!
I tried to capture the aging of the yellow handles, but it doesn't really show on the pic:
6f7793bc29aed0b2a53ee5c178e87d30.jpg

Bonus pic of the Lansky:
4511d17d56cdb3ba2e8b63ef7f838195.jpg

Back