Rough Rider & Related Slipjoints

Sorry, for the long delay in response, had trouble accessing the site. And yes the Canoe is RR 752 and the other is RR 753 actually

No apology necessary; thanks for the confirmation on the model number! :cool::thumbup:

- GT

anyone have the 6 blade stockman?
Does it suffer from blade rub?
I have not made it back to the office to get mine.

Rough Rider Small Lime Green smooth bone Coke Bottle.

attachment.php

20160423_193021-1.jpg

I don't have a 6 blade stockman but Ive got this 5 blade "medium" trapper. No blade rub to speak of.

DSC_0559_zpscfiakrrh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks. It's not something I would edc but it's as well made as the other RRs I own. Sorry for the crappy pic.

anyone have the 6 blade stockman?
Does it suffer from blade rub?
I have not made it back to the office to get mine.

No blade rub on mine...I think. By the time I work my way thru all the blades, enough time has passed that they could have started to rub at the other end. I still haven't caught them at it...yet.

No blade rub on mine...I think. By the time I work my way thru all the blades, enough time has passed that they could have started to rub at the other end. I still haven't caught them at it...yet.

:D:D
How thick are those 5-blade models?

- GT

:D:D
How thick are those 5-blade models?

- GT

Pretty wide, I'd guess. My 6-blade is a hair over three-quarters of an inch at the center pin. Needless to say, I haven't carried it much; it is quite a lump in the pocket.

I doubt I would have bought it if not for the armor hide scales. By as they say, nothing exceeds like excess.

Last edited:
Why do all the cheap knives have that ugly coin edge at the nail knicks?

Albeit inexpensive they are not cheap. :D And I requested the match strike nail nick from the factory. :D :thumbup:

Last edited:

Thanks.

Only 3/4 inch thick? That's not too bad ... less than a stock Opinel #8. After I get to the office, I'll give it a shot for EDC.

Pretty wide, I'd guess. My 6-blade is a hair over three-quarters of an inch at the center pin. Needless to say, I haven't carried it much; it is quite a lump in the pocket....

Thanks, Henry; that is quite a lump, but I've carried some thick SAKs with surprising ease.

Albeit enexpensive they are not cheap. :D And I requested the match strike nail nick from the factory. :D :thumbup:

+5K! :thumbup: I thoroughly agree with GasMan1 on the inexpensive/cheap distinction for Rough Riders. And although I'm not a huge fan of the matchstrike nail nicks, "ugly" is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Here's a 4-blade Rough Rider stockman that arrived Friday, a prize I was fortunate enough to win in a recent GAW hosted by btb01.
N8Wac7cl.jpg

21gL7qTl.jpg

It's a fairly hefty chunk of bone and steel, but I'm liking it! :cool:

- GT

Thanks, Henry; that is quite a lump, but I've carried some thick SAKs with surprising ease.

+5K! :thumbup: I thoroughly agree with GasMan1 on the inexpensive/cheap distinction for Rough Riders. And although I'm not a huge fan of the matchstrike nail nicks, "ugly" is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Here's a 4-blade Rough Rider stockman that arrived Friday, a prize I was fortunate enough to win in a recent GAW hosted by btb01.
N8Wac7cl.jpg

21gL7qTl.jpg

- GT

I like the cap lifter! Going to be getting myself one very soon.:thumbup:

I have a orange peanut coming in the mail any day now.

Very nice, GT.
Is it going to share pocket space with one of your canoes?

Thanks, Steve. :)
I have pocket space for lots of knives: every day I carry a stockman, a canoe, a SAK, a foreign knife (usually from Spain), a non-SAK with bail, a watch pocket knife, a "big" knife, and a "miscellaneous" knife. :p So this stockman will go into the stockman rotation, carrying a different stockman every week.

- GT

N8Wac7cl.jpg

21gL7qTl.jpg

- GT

I carried that one a lot when it first arrived. It'll come up again soon. It's a nice knife.

As for the match strike nail nicks: I thought they were cool when I hadn't seen one before, but does every knife have to have them? Not unlike the lined bolsters: a nice detail, but it's hard to find a knife without them.

Last edited:
Back