Rough Rider & Related Slipjoints

I carried that one a lot when it first arrived. It'll come up again soon. It's a nice knife.

As for the match strike nail nicks: I thought they were cool when I hadn't seen one before, but does every knife have to have them? Not unlike the lined bolsters: a nice detail, but it's hard to find a knife without them.
Sorry- question - can you actually strike a stick match on the nail nicks ??

Sent by P F M !

Sorry- question - can you actually strike a stick match on the nail nicks ??

Sent by P F M !

Good question. I just tried it with some Diamond Green Tip "strike-anywhere" matches, and no dice, even on the long pulls. Couldn't get them to go on my zipper, either. Maybe with the old red tips, if you can even find them. I never see them on the shelves any more. When I saw these, I grabbed the last three boxes on the shelf.

Good question. I just tried it with some Diamond Green Tip "strike-anywhere" matches, and no dice, even on the long pulls. Couldn't get them to go on my zipper, either. Maybe with the old red tips, if you can even find them. I never see them on the shelves any more. When I saw these, I grabbed the last three boxes on the shelf.

I've tried it a few times and I've never been able to do it. It would be really cool if it worked though.

Thanks guys- if we needed to do it, we would be in big trouble probably!

Sent by P F M !
This worked with the phosphorous matches that no longer exist, being too flammable (!) and thus dangerous (#not safety matches to speak politically correct).

Rough Rider match strike nick demonstration:

[video=youtube_share;ftNzSGyvGGY]http://youtu.be/ftNzSGyvGGY[/video]

anyone have the 6 blade stockman?
Does it suffer from blade rub?
I have not made it back to the office to get mine.

I have one of the 6 blade stockman knives. No blade rub to speak of, but several of the smaller blades are real bears to open.

Has anyone tried the Klaas China made knifes? My Canoe came a couple days ago and I have been using it off and on. Personally, I love the size 3 1/8 closed, about a half inch smaller than your average Canoe. It rides in the pocket well. Snap is great with no play. Edge retention seems OK but I haven't really done a lot with it as I have been mostly lazy the last two days. Love the jigging and color. I will be ordering the autumn bone and yellow canoes now. Maybe another pattern as well. In around $15, so far, I believe they are worth their weight. Any opinions from Klaas owners?

f08c137ec7d3cde6778cf205c280a6e0.jpg

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

The Robert Klaas Fourmaster has become one of my main edcs. So much so, that I've bought 4 backups just in case. I love the fine, thin blades, and he blade profile selection. It is a stainless remake of a carbon steel pattern made by the German Robert Klaas company.

I've had a single blade "once in a blue moon" bowie folder for a while now... I don't use it that much because of it's fairly thin etching, But overall, they're nice knives for the prices, mine came with a belt sheath for storage. The sheath is very nice quality for the price,mine was $20 USDseems like a steal.

(((sigh))) That Stoneworx Canoe is a near perfect match to my Stoneworx large stockman. Guess I need to order one.
Very nice looking additions to your collection. :)

I don't know what type of match they are but I have had good luck over the last couple of months lighting all red tipped matches (Cooks matches brand) on my rough rider medium stockman, both on the match strike nail nick and the gunstock bone scales.

I've tried lighting them on my rough rider 5 blade peanut but the nail nicks where to small, I don't know if the brand is available in the US but our UK members should recognise it. And for the record I have tried them on other surfaces and so long as it slightly rough they would light.

/\ Very nice doctor's knife! I still need to add one to my collection.

Here's another picture of my Chinese Robert Klaas Fourmaster knife that I totally love.

Purchased in-store in TN at the "World's Largest Knife Display" during a stop while driving cross country recently, one of the "related slipjoints", (made in same plant as RR), Colt Medium Double Lockback in Stag Bone. I looked at several RR's but after seeing the bone on this knife I had to have it. As per usual w/ RR & others of it's ilk this knife is extremely affordable, well made in all measurable aspects, and I just love the bone on this particular knife. Being able to pick and choose between knives was nice, and this was the best of several I looked at, wish I could do that with all the knives I buy. I originally was going to gift this one, but later decided I liked it too much; I'm keepin' it.

Back