Rough Rider & Related Slipjoints

The Robert Klaas Fourmaster has become one of my main edcs. So much so, that I've bought 4 backups just in case. I love the fine, thin blades, and he blade profile selection. It is a stainless remake of a carbon steel pattern made by the German Robert Klaas company.

I have never seen that pattern anywhere. Thanks for posting the pic! I have a couple of Klaas knives and they are top notch. Both well made and easy punch out of their weight class.

I had to have one of those when I saw it was not a tiny knife, but a very pocketable 3 3/4". Perfect! Finally found one in amber picked bone, no more "yellow boys" (except one for $35 plus shipping) available in my searches. It is on the way, and I am really looking forward to getting it.

Will try to post up some pics when it gets here.

Robert

I have never seen that pattern anywhere. Thanks for posting the pic! I have a couple of Klaas knives and they are top notch. Both well made and easy punch out of their weight class.

I had to have one of those when I saw it was not a tiny knife, but a very pocketable 3 3/4". Perfect! Finally found one in amber picked bone, no more "yellow boys" (except one for $35 plus shipping) available in my searches. It is on the way, and I am really looking forward to getting it.

Will try to post up some pics when it gets here.

Robert

Cool! I'm glad you found one, they are getting to be a bit sparse. I'm sure you will like it, I really love the pattern.

I really like the color of the bone on these!

That smooth tobacco bone is probably the triumph of the RR line (though I really do love the smooth green bone of a few years back, too). With the cute little acorn shields, they're a no-brainer. :thumbup:

Tsar: what is the one on the bottom?

I'm not at home right now so I can't get the RR # off the knife, but it's a small fixed-blade in the smooth tobacco bone. Super thin and super light, plus a very useful blade profile.

Google indicates it is an RR1278. Comes with a nice black nylon sheath that covers the whole knife, too.

The tobacco bone/acorn shield is beautiful. I've been trying to find a barlow in that handle for over a year. Guess I've just missed out on this one (have most all the RR barlows, except the Masonic one which I don't see the point of buying an organizational knife that I'm not a member of.
Rich

I'm not at home right now so I can't get the RR # off the knife, but it's a small fixed-blade in the smooth tobacco bone. Super thin and super light, plus a very useful blade profile.

Google indicates it is an RR1278. Comes with a nice black nylon sheath that covers the whole knife, too.

Fantastic, thank you sir!

15076234467_faf2e67139_b.jpg

Wanted to try a Canoe pattern so I picked up this RR for $9 bux shipped, I gotta say , solid little knife and i dig the pattern and at 3 5/8 great fit for my paws ;)

2298E6FD-9729-49AA-8362-100A5BC0FBB7_zps3ecykcxt.jpg
25BA9BCF-CC80-41D2-B43C-B5AC5B331639_zpsv0mkuu80.jpg
4AF5E77E-C161-46F4-9435-EDEDE455038C_zpsjuaxepkm.jpg

I'd love a box of the old blue-tip Ohio Kitchen matches- you could strike those on damn near anything, and they'd light every single one in the box. Went through em like candy in my Scout days- never seen any that even come close.

The Marble's Workman is another really nice scout/camp type knife. A bit larger (thicker) than the RR but has a couple more tools.
I really like mine. Linen micarta scales and decent steel. I don't know if it will replace my SAK Tinker, but it's coming close the more I use it.
Rich

The Marble's Workman is another really nice scout/camp type knife. A bit larger (thicker) than the RR but has a couple more tools.
I really like mine. Linen micarta scales and decent steel. I don't know if it will replace my SAK Tinker, but it's coming close the more I use it.
Rich

Pics please! I'm looking to get a camp knife. Right now I'm leaning towards the rr.

Back