1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Rough Rider & Related Slipjoints

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by dalee100, Sep 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. midnight flyer

midnight flyer Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  2. midnight flyer

Jan 12, 2009
    I have never seen that pattern anywhere. Thanks for posting the pic! I have a couple of Klaas knives and they are top notch. Both well made and easy punch out of their weight class.

I had to have one of those when I saw it was not a tiny knife, but a very pocketable 3 3/4". Perfect! Finally found one in amber picked bone, no more "yellow boys" (except one for $35 plus shipping) available in my searches. It is on the way, and I am really looking forward to getting it.

Will try to post up some pics when it gets here.

Robert

3. Nixelplix

Nixelplix

Mar 26, 2003
    Cool! I'm glad you found one, they are getting to be a bit sparse. I'm sure you will like it, I really love the pattern.

4. TsarBomba

TsarBomba Banned BANNED

Jan 10, 2015
    :eek: Page 2 of subscribed threads? :confused: Oh hayell no.

Bump. My acorns:

[​IMG]

5. josha840

josha840

Dec 11, 2014
    I really like the color of the bone on these!

6. TsarBomba

TsarBomba Banned BANNED

Jan 10, 2015
    That smooth tobacco bone is probably the triumph of the RR line (though I really do love the smooth green bone of a few years back, too). With the cute little acorn shields, they're a no-brainer. :thumbup:

7. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.

Mar 27, 2014
    Tsar: what is the one on the bottom?

8. TsarBomba

TsarBomba Banned BANNED

Jan 10, 2015
    I'm not at home right now so I can't get the RR # off the knife, but it's a small fixed-blade in the smooth tobacco bone. Super thin and super light, plus a very useful blade profile.

Google indicates it is an RR1278. Comes with a nice black nylon sheath that covers the whole knife, too.

9. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    The tobacco bone/acorn shield is beautiful. I've been trying to find a barlow in that handle for over a year. Guess I've just missed out on this one (have most all the RR barlows, except the Masonic one which I don't see the point of buying an organizational knife that I'm not a member of.
    Rich

10. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.

Mar 27, 2014
    Fantastic, thank you sir!

11. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

12. mangelo2407

mangelo2407

Apr 3, 2015
    Wanted to try a Canoe pattern so I picked up this RR for $9 bux shipped, I gotta say , solid little knife and i dig the pattern and at 3 5/8 great fit for my paws ;)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dadpool likes this.
  13. Sword and Shield

Sword and Shield

Apr 3, 2004
    I'd love a box of the old blue-tip Ohio Kitchen matches- you could strike those on damn near anything, and they'd light every single one in the box. Went through em like candy in my Scout days- never seen any that even come close.

14. josha840

josha840

Dec 11, 2014
    This thread keeps getting bumped but i see no new posts.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

15. gorlank

gorlank

Jan 26, 2003
    The bone scout is an amazing bargain and great user.
    [​IMG]

16. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    The Marble's Workman is another really nice scout/camp type knife. A bit larger (thicker) than the RR but has a couple more tools.
    I really like mine. Linen micarta scales and decent steel. I don't know if it will replace my SAK Tinker, but it's coming close the more I use it.
    Rich

17. josha840

josha840

Dec 11, 2014
    Pics please! I'm looking to get a camp knife. Right now I'm leaning towards the rr.

18. midnight flyer

Jan 12, 2009
    Josh, I know there are pics on this thread of the RR campers. But if you need a look right away, try this:

https://goo.gl/FzV0KM

Google Images is great. Click on the pics and in many cases there will be more information and more pics.

Robert

19. josha840

josha840

Dec 11, 2014
    Ah thanks. I was referring to the marbles though. Still a good read though!

20. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    Josh -

Sorry, no digicam. I'm sure you could google "Marble's Workman" for pics.
    Rich