Rough Rider & Related Slipjoints

Hope not! 😄 Look right under the “Rough” also afishhunter afishhunter saw a witch‘s face next to the left bolster.View attachment 1596953
Witch or Hag. :)
Immediately to right of the old man, it looks like a chipmonk(?) Fox with ears down(?) with someone or something half covered behind him/her/it in this shot. Between the old man and the green/pink/green stripes.
A fully crewed Canoe. :)

AC27336F-5846-4027-8AFA-7E7B18E630C3.jpeg
That's kind of creepy... :oops:
Is that Chewbacca to the left of the Grumpy Old man?

Curious ... Does anyone else have a Rough Rider/Rough Ryder Moose or Trapper with the ... modified? ... New Style? ... Spey blade?
View attachment 1596959
How do you like it?
Seems to me (but what do I know?) that with the extra belly, it is more suited to peeling a critter than a "normal" Spey blade ... more useful than just for the animal husbandry surgury it is named for, or spreading PB, or grafting/gardening, at any rate. :)

(RR1569 Moose shown, if anyone cares or is wondering)

Witch or Hag. :)
Immediately to right of the old man, it looks like a chipmonk(?) Fox with ears down(?) with someone or something half covered behind him/her/it in this shot. Between the old man and the green/pink/green stripes.
A fully crewed Canoe. :)

That's kind of creepy... :oops:
Is that Chewbacca to the left of the Grumpy Old man?
This was pretty cool, wonder if anyone else has some abalone they want to show.😎👍

I just got his Rough Rider large stockman in the mail today. I rarely ever buy a knife made in China anymore(for my own reasons, that I'm not going to get into here) but I just wanted to check this one out because I liked the materials involved. A decent carbon steel (T-10), that I researched & came back with decent reviews & numbers. Black micarta scales & a pewter shield. I love micarta & carbon steels in my work knives. It came in a nice hard presentation box. The pins & scales are all flush. It has a decent pull & half stop. I'm not experienced enough with traditionals to give my opinion on "walk & talk" but I'd say it's at least up there with the Case knives I have, maybe even better than some. All three blades came pretty sharp out of the box. 5-10 passes on a fine diamond stone brought them all to shaving sharp(the same thing I've had to do with just about every Case knife I've ever had). The knife has a good "heft" to it & fills the hand nicely. The micarta has just the right amount of tackiness to it so it won't slip while you're using it. I'd say for a $14 knife, this one is definitely worth a try. My only gripe(if I was looking for one) would be that the grind is slightly uneven near the tip of the main blade. It's purely aesthetic & is still very sharp. This will be going to work with me on the roof. Due to the price point, I won't mind lending it to a workmate or just beating the snot out of it when the desire arises.

Carbon Classic 2?

I have the Carbon Classic 1 (RR1740) with syntehtic yellow covers. I agree, a great knife. Not "too big" nor too small. :)

Back