Roughout Sheath Toutorial

I'm in Fallbrook, CA. Just south of Temecula, North end of San Diego County.

That's so interesting, I don't remember where I heard, but I had definitely heard to NEVER oil or condition rough out leather. Which always seemed odd to me.

Thanks again!
Know Fallbrook pretty well. Use to put on quite a few horsemanship clinics there years ago.

Hey, Dave. I'd love to try a rough out, but I don't feel like the leather I currently have has enough "rough" to look good. Thoughts/suggestions on that?

Always enjoy seeing your work and photos.....Better watch drinking and riding....you may get a ticket the way things are going these days :)

Always enjoy seeing your work and photos.....Better watch drinking and riding....you may get a ticket the way things are going these days :)

Read in the papers they tried that a while back. However, the arrest was bad, as under CA law a horseback rider is a pedestrian. So a different standard applies, ya'd have to be so drunk as to meet the standard of drunk in public basically falling down drunk. Most horses can't drink that much!

Hey, Dave. I'd love to try a rough out, but I don't feel like the leather I currently have has enough "rough" to look good. Thoughts/suggestions on that?

Amy, picking roughout leather is probably the biggest question I get about making stuff out of roughout. Honestly, ya know I just don't worry about it much. Some projects are pretty tightly napped:

DdPZyHE.jpg

Other projects pretty wooly:

haHsgpa.jpg

And some in between:

QUXaTEN.jpg

They all sell.

Back