Round 11 of mrknife's Everlasting GAWStopper

r8shell

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
It's been over a year since mrknife mrknife started this roadshow, and we are now on round 11.

HERE ARE THE RULES FROM MRKNIFE'S ORIGINAL GIVEAWAY THREAD

Doing another GAW but this one is a little different. I'd sort of like this to be more of a pass around/pay it forward.

Im going to put all of these in a box and ship to one winner. They may not like all the knives in there or they may. If they do, the giveaway ends there I suppose. But if they don't, I hope they swap the knife they want for a knife or knives they have in their collection that they'd like to pass on to some one else who may find it more enjoyable via a similar giveaway. It'll be on an honor system and I have faith in all of you It's a variety pack of knives in different costs, so I'm sure everyone will get something they enjoy and want to give a new home.

In order to be considered, please fulfill any of these conditions:
1. be a known member of the Porch (at least a decent amount of meaningful contribution via content or conversation)
2. have donated to the St.Judes Charities/or Bob (hang in there buddy, hope you are doing ok!)
3. have done any sort of giveaway
To enter:
A simple im in will do, or you can post a picture of some knives :) we all like that

This will end in August. Package will likely go out the first week before the Rendezvous. Name will be selected from a hat as usual. :thumbup: USA only please, 48 continental to save on shipping for me :D, no purchase necessary, void where prohibited. Ages 18 and older.

HERE ARE SOME AMENDMENTS ADDED IN THE LAST ROUND BY WURRWOLF
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ifes-epic-never-ending-gaw-swap-meet.1509163/
I'm going to amend in here that entrants need to be active on The Porch. We've had some instances in which entrants who were chosen were no longer around. We're all hobbyists around here, and as such, we understand that life gets in the way sometimes. I'm not going to remove anyone from the list, but until they are available to participate on the porch regularly, they will not be eligible for the box.

Just say "I'm in" to be added to the list.

*If you want to tell us all which knives you're pining for and what you'd toss in the box as a replacement then have at it. It's a good way to keep the thread going and garner more interest.*

The current list of entrants is:

1. BenHarris
2. @RobertJ1 (Inactive)
3. @Faiaoga (Inactive)
4. kysteve (Previous Winner)
5. @combatjiujitsu (Inactive)
7. Nature Boy
8. @GASOUTHERNBOY(Inactive)
9. neal70
10. @FelineGirl (Inactive)
11. Wurrwulf (Previous winner)
12. r redden
13. r8shell (PREVIOUS WINNER)
14. @BladeCommander (Inactive)
15. @Lesbaer1911 (Inactive)
17. Tilley Knife
18. davek14
19. Ernie1980
20. @TheWook (Inactive)
21. @Tyler.Bachman (Inactive)
22. Henry Beige
23. x
25. xxxxxxx
26. @netguy1999 (Inactive)
27. Gotsteel
28. @Jayday2727 (Inactive)
29. @TheDandyLion (Inactive)
30. JupiterPaladin
31. @TheChunk91 (Inactive)
32. AlwaysTomBoy
33. Fog2
34. x
35. Pàdruig
36. Jprime84
37. Glocktenman

Okay, here we go!
I received this heavy package of knives, and after much coon-fingering and chicken-eyeing, hemming and hawing, I've made my decision. I'll keep the Single Blade Frontier, the Rough Rider DogLeg Jack, and the polishing compounds.passaround box 1.jpg
I am putting into the box what I hope is an interesting assortment of small knives:
A Colonial penknife with chain, advertising a paint and wallpaper company from Wichita, Kansas 1951-1989. A Hartkopf lockback with (ebony?) wood handle. A brass bolstered peanut with a Sears tang-stamp, unknown manufacturer, but my guess is Camillus, because I always guess Camillus because half the time I'll be correct. An Old Timer 18OT. And last and possibly least, a teeny tiny yellow Rough Rider Stockman that is my first attempt at scrimming on plastic covers. I offer no guarantees to the longevity nor the artistic merit of said scrimshaw.
passaround box 2 .jpg
passaround box 3 .jpg

I'll let this run for a week or two, depending on interest. Just say "I'm in." and I'll throw your name in the hat. If you are on the inactive list, please post "I'm active." and I'll reactivate your entry.

Last edited:
Thank you, Rachel! You've chosen some great items, and the additions are fantastic! Your scrimshaw work looks top notch, as well. Incredibly fitting that you would add it the box. I dig that little lockback and Sears Peanut.

Good show Rachel. :thumbsup:
5260.gif

hey maybe folks should start taking two instead of just one, they can put one back or none because its getting rather heavy right?

hey maybe folks should start taking two instead of just one, they can put one back or none because its getting rather heavy right?
I think a good goal is to make sure it all still fits in the small flat rate box. If you can't fit it all in, then you know you didn't take enough. :D

I'm sorry everybody I was just re-reading the rules and somehow the first time I missed a very important one. U.S.A. only. My mistake. Remove my name from the list whenever you get an opportunity Please & Thank you R8shell. Good luck everyone I'll read the rules alot closers next time :eek::rolleyes::oops::D

I'm sorry everybody I was just re-reading the rules and somehow the first time I missed a very important one. U.S.A. only. My mistake. Remove my name from the list whenever you get an opportunity Please & Thank you R8shell. Good luck everyone I'll read the rules alot closers next time :eek::rolleyes::oops::D
+1 (Should have done that much before as I have been warned long ago :oops: My laziness. :()

Way to go r8shell, as a winner a few rounds ago I'm not in but it sure is fun watching the ebb and flow of what is available. I know I had to use a LOT of tape to close the box. That little scrimshawed knife with "The Porch" is a prize. Good luck everyone.

+1 (Should have done that much before as I have been warned long ago :oops: My laziness. :()

Gosh, I feel kind of bad about this; I usually like to include everyone in GAWs. With the weight of the box and the issue of customs declarations, etc (plus it isn't really only my giveaway) I think including out of U.S.A. entries would get kinda complicated. :(

Gosh, I feel kind of bad about this; I usually like to include everyone in GAWs. With the weight of the box and the issue of customs declarations, etc (plus it isn't really only my giveaway) I think including out of U.S.A. entries would get kinda complicated. :(
You don't have to feel bad at all, nor should anybody, rules are rules, no problem and (this is the reason given for the limitation and I think this is good sense) a box full of knives would probably not get easily through customs, out and in. This, in general.
Now, talking about me, I consider I've got a fair share, the last being a Lambfoot that reached my home last saturday! :):)
It is a sheer pleasure to follow the parcelboxe's adventures and the choice of each "winners/givers" is amazing!
Good luck everybody!:thumbsup:

No please don't feel bad at all. As has been mentioned it only makes good sense. The cost of Canada Post:eek: plus the complications of the Border :mad: could be a possible nightmare o_Oo_Oo_Olol. It was my mistake for not reading the rules closely or thinking this out very clearly. I'm still going to follow this thread though because I love the kindness and fellowship this idea creates. Maybe if there's ever enough member we could start somthing similar up here for us Knife Knuts North of the Border :cool:

Gosh, I feel kind of bad about this; I usually like to include everyone in GAWs. With the weight of the box and the issue of customs declarations, etc (plus it isn't really only my giveaway) I think including out of U.S.A. entries would get kinda complicated.

Rachel it's great to include everyone when you can but sometimes you can't. That said it may not be the same but next month I'll host another GAW that includes everyone of the porch dwellers regardless of their geographical location.

You can almost expect generosity of that level from Randy. But nice one my friend!
Thanks, Neal

:thumbsup: I'm honored that you picked the frontier - that was a fun one to do, I really focused on getting the backspring flush in all three positions [it was off on all three when I got the donor knife], really educational on how labor intensive that is! I didn't really carry it, hopefully it loosens up some :cool:

Back