Round 11 of mrknife's Everlasting GAWStopper

:thumbsup: I'm honored that you picked the frontier - that was a fun one to do, I really focused on getting the backspring flush in all three positions [it was off on all three when I got the donor knife], really educational on how labor intensive that is! I didn't really carry it, hopefully it loosens up some :cool:
I was wondering if you did it yourself, I'm honored to carry it :thumbsup: Very nice work. I don't think it needs to loosen up - the blade is easily pinched open. The linerless micarta makes it nice and light, flat ground blade should make a wicked slicer. (A bonus is it fits in the pocket clip sheath that comes with the RR Dogleg) :D

OK, folks! It's Monday; take a break from eclipse watching, and get your last-minute entries in. You don't have to have been riding from the beginning, you can jump on this crazy train at any station. :D

I'll pick a winner in a day or two, and hope to schlep the box down to the post office by week's end.

Thank you, Rachel, for carrying the torch!

Congratulation, Nature Boy (Woooooooo!), may the box provide you much fulfillment and happiness!

Belated conCATulations on your victory, Mike! :thumbsup::thumbsup: As always, I look forward to seeing what "prizes" you select from The Box, as well as what you decide to add to it! :cool::D

Thanks so much for hosting another round of this tradition, r8shell!! :cool::cool:
You made some interesting choices as winner of the previous round, and added some fantastic, intriguing knives for future rounds! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) (Do you happen to remember what the tang stamp on that advertising knife with the long chain was like? While on vacation, I happened to run across a very similar knife with tang stamp simply "U.S.A." Only $2, and I've been kicking myself that I didn't buy it instead of getting a sack of jalapeño peppers from a lady selling vegetables from her garden!)

- GT

Belated conCATulations on your victory, Mike! :thumbsup::thumbsup: As always, I look forward to seeing what "prizes" you select from The Box, as well as what you decide to add to it! :cool::D

Thanks so much for hosting another round of this tradition, r8shell!! :cool::cool:
You made some interesting choices as winner of the previous round, and added some fantastic, intriguing knives for future rounds! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) (Do you happen to remember what the tang stamp on that advertising knife with the long chain was like? While on vacation, I happened to run across a very similar knife with tang stamp simply "U.S.A." Only $2, and I've been kicking myself that I didn't buy it instead of getting a sack of jalapeño peppers from a lady selling vegetables from her garden!)

- GT
It's hard to resist fresh peppers, GT. :D I think it was marked Colonial, but I'm not 100% sure.

What a great way to choose the lucky winner! Congratulations Nature boy!

When I arrived home from a little family vacation, this beast of a flat rate box was waiting for me!
IMG_5440.JPG
I have barely had time to open the box, let alone spend any quality time with the contents, but will update with my choices and additions soon!

(Do you happen to remember what the tang stamp on that advertising knife with the long chain was like? While on vacation, I happened to run across a very similar knife with tang stamp simply "U.S.A." Only $2, and I've been kicking myself that I didn't buy it instead of getting a sack of jalapeño peppers from a lady selling vegetables from her garden!)

- GT

It's hard to resist fresh peppers, GT. :D I think it was marked Colonial, but I'm not 100% sure.
It is, indeed, marked Colonial, GT.
IMG_5450.JPG
And here it is with the rest of the loot I received:
IMG_5447.JPG

Rachel, very objective draw-method, the best man wins! I couldn't trust my Tabby to draw anything, she'd pounce on the lot and then maul you if you tried to get a likely winner:D:D:eek:

Thanks, Will

It is, indeed, marked Colonial, GT.
img_5450-jpg.757697
Ah, my memory isn't as bad as I thought. :) I'm always scouring the 'net for tang stamp charts, but I can't find one for Colonial. I think they made some simply marked "U.S.A.", but other cutlers probably did as well.

I hope no cat was abused during the drawing... :p:p:p
Rachel, very objective draw-method, the best man wins! I couldn't trust my Tabby to draw anything, she'd pounce on the lot and then maul you if you tried to get a likely winner:D:D:eek:

Thanks, Will
Neither the cat nor I were injured in the process, though her patience was sorely tested by my insistence on getting a picture of the winning number under her paw. :D

Back