Round 2 - DLT Para 2 20CV

Interesting. I thought the red m390 PM2 is coming. Anyway, the tan 20cv PM2 is great too, which I already have one.

Nice, I might grab one this time. Great price on this too.

I was talking with a dealer recently who personally knows Eric G, the topic of the PM2 came up. He shared with me that Eric has expressed bemusement at the seemingly endless demand for different PM2 variations and said something along the lines of "we DO make other knives too! How many ways can we dress the same mannequin?"...I found that particularly amusing.

How many ways can we dress the same mannequin?"...I found that particularly amusing.

Thats funny, and accurate at the same time. I think that is what gives the PM2 so much appeal though. Its a platform that is well liked and the variations give steelheads a known and liked design to try various steels to see what they like best in a blade. Personally, I wouldnt be as big into blade steels if it wasnt for the PM2 and would probably only own 1 if it wasnt for the plethora of available steels. In the end, I think it helps their bottom line, regardless of whether or not people think its ridiculous. I learned from my first job as a teen in a sporting goods store owned by a businessman, not a sportsman, when I asked him why he didnt stock this or that. He said, "Stock what people want, not what is the best. Let the market dictate what you sell and you will sell more" and I think that is in a sense the case with the PM2.

I'm in doubt.. I've been setting aside money for either a smock, spydie chef ikuchi or a small seb so the funds is there but I already own 5 pm2's in all my favorite configurations (2x cruwear, Rex 45, m390, and standard production all black s30v).
There is no real need for another but every time a sprint comes by I reach for my wallet when I can.

I think my money is better spend on a spydie chef as I heard nothing but praise about it, I have nothing like it yet and the smock and ikuchi are keeping me waiting.
I really want another small sebenza too again, but I think this is more suitable to be gifted by my loved ones who know I've been going back and forth on getting one again.

Just ordered too. As of 11:05CDT their website shows out of stock. Did they really sell that fast?!

I got an order confirmation and my bank has been drafted. Hopefully My order is completed. We shall see. The last round sold out in 17 minutes, but 5 minutes for 600 pieces is crazy! No wonder the site was lagging while I was trying to check out.

Not crazy at all. This PM2 is a very good value to buy. I bought one from the first run. It is absolutely flawless.

Back