Round up those Cattle Knives!!

Imperial

2ZGZMsXh.jpg

Simply gorgeous! What time frame are these from?

I believe these are WW2 era, same pattern as the US Air Corp. Utility knife.

The stamp was used from 1936-52. They are easily in the WW2 period and many, maybe even most or all, are likely war time products. You can pretty much always find one with rubber handles (not always in great condition) so they made no small amount. The bone ones are harder to find in such nice condition as the ones posted by Steve and Charlie.

Other variants I've seen include ones with a nail nick main blade and ones with a bail.

Now you've got me wishing I stuck one in my pocket this morning.

Sorting out some GECs, I thought I would take scans of this #538308 beauty!
The idea of not putting shields on Genuine Stag knives is starting to go back quite a way
with GEC now, as this one is early for them, 2008!! Does anyone remember when the "no shield rule" actually started??
Not too thick, with most of the feature in the Stag preserved, I love this knife!!
(Thanks, Barry!!)
@gunstockjack
GenStag538308 1.jpg GenStag538308 1A.jpg GenStag538308 2.jpg GenStag538308 2A.jpg
Please forgive old "Scotty the Scanner" for overlaying those ugly scratches!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sorting out some GECs, I thought I would take scans of this #538308 beauty!
The idea of not putting shields on Genuine Stag knives is starting to go back quite a way
with GEC now, as this one is early for them, 2008!! Does anyone remember when the "no shield rule" actually started??
Not too thick, with most of the feature in the Stag preserved, I love this knife!!
(Thanks, Barry!!)
@gunstockjack
View attachment 1218666 View attachment 1218667 View attachment 1218668 View attachment 1218669
Please forgive old "Scotty the Scanner" for overlaying those ugly scratches!!:rolleyes:

Charlie, others beat me to it but that is a gorgeous looking knife!!

Back