Round up those Cattle Knives!!

Lot's of beautiful knives posted in this thread! I have only this one cattle knife, kind of an ugly duckling compared to the others being shown. A 3 5/8"Craftsman with plastic handles. I believe made by Camillus? Looking inside the liners the triangular punchouts, which created the tabs holding the handles on, are clearly visible.

RIMG1921.JPG RIMG1922.JPG RIMG1927.JPG

Lot's of beautiful knives posted in this thread! I have only this one cattle knife, kind of an ugly duckling compared to the others being shown. A 3 5/8"Craftsman with plastic handles. I believe made by Camillus? Looking inside the liners the triangular punchouts, which created the tabs holding the handles on, are clearly visible.

View attachment 1240450 View attachment 1240451 View attachment 1240453

Nice one Dan, I like it. It's the same as the camillus 71 pattern but it doesn't have a spiral punch.

E8MFE5Y.jpg

Nice Cattle, Stuart!!:thumbsup: Interesting to see a 1987 (?) knife with a Case tested XX stamping!! Maybe it's a Jim Parker era knife?? Golden Classics??

Well, Charlie, it is an SFO (7000 ordered) for the NKCA, which Jim Parker founded (foundered?), so I guess that he could have gotten that as part of the order. That stamp is similar to the Case 1932-1940 Case XX stamp, but not quite the same, so I'm thinking SFO. I can't remember when he was involved in Case management (and too lazy to go look).

- Stuart

Back