Round up those Cattle Knives!!

I think the Parker era at Case didn't start until 1990.:rolleyes:
And I like looking at that Kutmaster, Stuart!!:)

Thanks, guys. I seem to have more stockman knives than cattle due to my stepfather's tending toward collecting "premium" knives as he understood them to be desirable. I do like the little doagies, though.
- Stuart

Thanks, guys. I seem to have more stockman knives than cattle due to my stepfather's tending toward collecting "premium" knives as he understood them to be desirable. I do like the little doagies, though.
- Stuart

There aren't as many cattle knives around as there used to be though. In the old days they were very common and with many configurations. It seems in the decade after ww2 they really started falling out in favor of stockmans (I don't know if it was the market that determined that, or the manufacturers). They unfortunately became a minority compared to the stockman, which is a shame as cattle knives are so very wonderful. Very few are made today meanwhile everybody makes a stockman.

I agree Paul, The Cattle Knife I think is a great pattern and one I am very keen on! Although there are some absolutely gorgeous Stockman Knives- Paul I think you own around 80% of them, I do favour a Cattle Knife - and yet!!!! I carry neither only very little of the time! I'm going to look at changing that!

Last edited:
I just won this on eBay :thumbsup:

I believe it is the elusive Camillus #71 although not Rogers bone and no shield. It's in the 1946 catalog but gone by 48. There is a #73 in both catalogs but lists the handle as Maize Pyroxolin and is light in color.

This is the first one I've seen other than the pics in the catalog.
The spey blade has been re-profiled.

Ulptuybh.jpg
lBVKw0eh.jpg

Sellers pic

s-l1600.jpg

I just bought this on the auction site. Apparently it doesn't have any markings on it besides "Made in USA" on it. I'll look closer when it arrives.

This is one of those auction site purchases where I'm rolling the dice. I liked the look of it in the pictures. That spiral punch is neat and the jigging looks pretty cool too. Hopefully when it arrives it's not a disappointment.

Here are some pictures from the seller. Anybody have any idea of a maker?

I just bought this on the auction site. Apparently it doesn't have any markings on it besides "Made in USA" on it. I'll look closer when it arrives.

This is one of those auction site purchases where I'm rolling the dice. I liked the look of it in the pictures. That spiral punch is neat and the jigging looks pretty cool too. Hopefully when it arrives it's not a disappointment.

Here are some pictures from the seller. Anybody have any idea of a maker?

I think that would be camillus. Nice old knife.

Back