Photos Lion Steel "Roundhead" Barlow PICS

After seeing so many neat stag ones, I went ahead and snagged one myself. I was a little worried because I'm picky about stag; I'm fussy about symmetry and texture and stag can be pretty variable on both counts, but man, I couldn't be more pleased if I'd hand picked the knife myself. Not too smooth, not too textured and very nicely symmetrical. My photos don't do it justice.

36285657370_fc4664c962_c.jpg

I was also surprise to get a slip since I thought those only went out with the pre-orders. Very nice surprise, there.

Additional photo showing both of mine together.

36511914962_058216e660_c.jpg

Stag looks wonderful, Jamie!

Nice CF, Wharn!

Just a quick update tonight. Since I had some time, I added some Red liners. I just have some final sanding to do and a sanding touch-up for a spot or two on the slabs that I bumped while trying to save a second...
Just a quick mock up for pics.
View attachment 752492 View attachment 752496 View attachment 752497
Looks great Bill! Well done!:thumbsup:

My ram's horn came in today. My pics do this zero justice! There is so much depth to it. It's also noticeably lighter in weight than my stag version. I wish y'all could see it in person instead of my terrible pics. BUT here she is. The pile side is gnarly!! I'd like to again give a high five to @Knifeswapper for making this project happen. I'm thrilled to own both of these.
View attachment 752548 View attachment 752547 View attachment 752546
Fire Beard, I cant get over how beautiful all the Ramshorn are! Yours included!

After seeing so many neat stag ones, I went ahead and snagged one myself. I was a little worried because I'm picky about stag; I'm fussy about symmetry and texture and stag can be pretty variable on both counts, but man, I couldn't be more pleased if I'd hand picked the knife myself. Not too smooth, not too textured and very nicely symmetrical. My photos don't do it justice.

I was also surprise to get a slip since I thought those only went out with the pre-orders. Very nice surprise, there.

AlwaysTomboy, Very nice well matched stag!:thumbsup: A great pair you got there!

Another pic of my Horns.
COgrcD6.jpg

You did great on both of those Always tomboy. From what has been posted all the stag looks quite well matched Imo

Very true...the stag all appears to be very well-matched. This is something I'm picky about, but I had no issues buying one sight unseen, after seeing everyone's pics start to roll in.

It's crazier than that. It's in plants, animals, humans, waves. galaxies, if you start checking the numbers it will keep you up very late!

That knife in your pocket is a perfect example of the building blocks of the universe and everything in it.

Wow, you're right! I did some reading and it's even in broccoli! Two examples right in front of me all my life, galaxies and hurricanes, and I never really noticed that.

This makes me look at my ram's horn handles in a whole new light.

Your stag looks like the shadows of flames :thumbsup: I like it !!!

My contribution to this thread. This is a very very good knife. I am blown away at the diversity of those gorgeous Ram Horn's being posted. That said I am very pleased with my stag offering.

fRuQq3.jpg

3V8sTR.jpg

yQRkPN.jpg

xs0jbG.jpg
I am actually surprised at the quality of Stag on these Euro Barlows and you got some good Stag on yours too my friend .
I have to agree with you on how good they are . Mine was in my pocket again today .

Harry

I am actually surprised at the quality of Stag on these Euro Barlows and you got some good Stag on yours too my friend .
I have to agree with you on how good they are . Mine was in my pocket again today .

Harry

Thanks Harry, carried mine as well and in the leather slip no doubt:) I admit it took me three sessions to achieve what I want or like in a sharp blade but am very pleased with the end result. It did arrive sharp but I suffer from having to put my own edge on every knife I own:(:thumbsup:

My contribution to this thread. This is a very very good knife. I am blown away at the diversity of those gorgeous Ram Horn's being posted. That said I am very pleased with my stag offering.

fRuQq3.jpg

3V8sTR.jpg

yQRkPN.jpg

xs0jbG.jpg
Wow that stag is gorgeous!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Nice looking wood there!

Cool pic! I like the carbon fiber, it has a completely different 'feel' than the natural materials.

Beautiful grain! I like that one a lot!:thumbsup:
Thanks the CF really does have a nice feel in hand and its very hard for me to put it down when I'm conquering the world with it on my couch watching tv

Well just opened up my Stag and again its exceeded my expectations . Beautiful fit and finish along with perfect blade centering . Walk and talk is nice and snappy .
No leather slip though
Was kind of looking forward to it like the first one :( but I know it shouldn't be expected but it was lol .
DLd1MbA.jpg
WQSxTaT.jpg
oDJqZr4.jpg
VQqHDBk.jpg
But I'm sure glad I got some nice gnarly Stag super dark in the deep groves outlined in a Carmel color then turning almost white :thumbsup:

Back