Photos Lion Steel "Roundhead" Barlow PICS

Got my second Ramshorn today. Incredibly beautiful knives! Very exciting to own them and I haven't even gotten into performance yet. I feel very lucky to have two beautiful specimens.:thumbsup:
One more coming tomorrow, but that one is for D Danke42 . :thumbsup:
YzzPzTg.jpg

1Oz6wty.jpg

You caught a great one! Now just don't go telling folks in other forums where you got that mmmmkay? :) :thumbsup: :D
I must confess I did mention it at Just Pix of Knives, Tom, but I'll try to curb my enthusiasm and bite my lip going forward. :confused:
--Steve

TheFactor TheFactor , as much as I'm in love with my Palo Santo scales, I'm wicked jealous of your CF beauty. Are you the guy that swept the last one out from under me? Sure do hope they have another run coming....

Did you drill all the precise hole locations on the backside, or did you just relieve much of it and let the screws line the covers up?
Looks great by the way Bill. :cool:

Nice job Bill! I would love to see some more pics!:thumbsup:

Spent the day running around to docs appts and such, so no time for outdoorsy pics, so I snapped a few more in the shop tonight.

The middle pin was the most troublesome, requiring more material removal than I had intended, but it worked out fine.
I used both screw locations in the slabs and the foremost bolster screw location.

First pic shows everything that was used aside from labor, sandpaper, hacksaw and PPE. I also show the insides of the slabs.
20170817_220754.jpg

Second pic shows the thickness of my slabs vs stock. I went a bit thinner for "in pocket" preference.
20170817_140423.jpg
The rest are just a few pics I snapped.
20170817_221454.jpg 20170817_221549.jpg 20170817_221633.jpg

I think this has become my goto traditional work-horse.

Now if they would only make a Sowbelly or Saddlehorn...
;):D:rolleyes:

Thanks for the compliments folks, it was a fun project. I think I'll call it the "Barelow".

Last edited:
I must confess I did mention it at Just Pix of Knives, Tom, but I'll try to curb my enthusiasm and bite my lip going forward. :confused:
--Steve

TheFactor TheFactor , as much as I'm in love with my Palo Santo scales, I'm wicked jealous of your CF beauty. Are you the guy that swept the last one out from under me? Sure do hope they have another run coming....
Yes Sir I do believe it was me :p
But if it makes you feel any better I'm wickedly jealous over your Palo Santos covers!! You scored a keeper the grain on yours is absolutely beautiful and seriously hoping they have another run of those also and can get one as nice as yours:thumbsup:
Great minds think a like :)

Last edited:
Ratbert, The horn is a beautiful honey color and the stag looks fantastic!!:thumbsup: Both great!

I am very pleased with both. The stag, while not exactly popcorn, does have some depth and "gnarlyness" to it (if that's not a word, it should be).
Excited to think about what might be on the horizon with this CK-LS collaboration!

Back