Photos Lion Steel "Roundhead" Barlow PICS

These are my two. The photos don't really do them justice.

ulpb1Od.jpg

mwN7oaE.jpg

Gundawg, I'm loving that pile side curl in your ram's horn! Reminds me of a nautilus shell.

Just a quick update tonight. Since I had some time, I added some Red liners. I just have some final sanding to do and a sanding touch-up for a spot or two on the slabs that I bumped while trying to save a second...
Just a quick mock up for pics.
20170819_212208.jpg 20170819_212444.jpg 20170819_212302.jpg

It's all logarithmic spiral growth.

I never studied calculus in school, but I always think of a nautilus as an obvious example of geometric progression. Does this occur naturally in a ram's horn as well, as they grow in a spiral?

My ram's horn came in today. My pics do this zero justice! There is so much depth to it. It's also noticeably lighter in weight than my stag version. I wish y'all could see it in person instead of my terrible pics. BUT here she is. The pile side is gnarly!! I'd like to again give a high five to @Knifeswapper for making this project happen. I'm thrilled to own both of these.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
I never studied calculus in school, but I always think of a nautilus as an obvious example of geometric progression. Does this occur naturally in a ram's horn as well, as they grow in a spiral?
It's crazier than that. It's in plants, animals, humans, waves. galaxies, if you start checking the numbers it will keep you up very late!

That knife in your pocket is a perfect example of the building blocks of the universe and everything in it.

Back