Rucki color combo

JACKMANDU

Gold Member
Platinum Member
Does anyone have a hammered silver Rucki? If so please post pics.

That doosh I'll never, ever buy from has a Waki in hammered silver listed on the bay. Plenty of pics, figure it's pretty close.

Yeah that will do thanks! Mine will be hammered silver with green/black g10. I saw a TGA2 in that combo and it looked cool. It’s still hard to imagine exactly how it will look. Sooo impatient :rolleyes: hoping for a ding today. Hahahaha

Nice choice!

Here's a pic of mine:

24n4tp5.jpg

Only problem is that I haven't brought myself to use it yet. Have a lot of other user blades and tanker gray is no longer available...

Tanker grey is nice! With tan/black g10 that’s a sweet blade. Tanker would have been my first choice. I had to settle for hammered silver. I’m thinking it may be a good color for a user. The scratches and rub marks may blend in nicely. I didn’t want to use my BGFBM either. She is midnight blue. After I beat her up a little on some logs, she got some more character. I like the look of some use on the blade.

Tanker grey is nice! With tan/black g10 that’s a sweet blade. Tanker would have been my first choice. I had to settle for hammered silver. I’m thinking it may be a good color for a user. The scratches and rub marks may blend in nicely. I didn’t want to use my BGFBM either. She is midnight blue. After I beat her up a little on some logs, she got some more character. I like the look of some use on the blade.

Thanks! Definitely agree about the character of nicely worn coating. Have plenty of those, along with a few "safe queens."

Only intended to buy users, but some point my user lineup started to feel mostly set and I kept buying blades anyway, haha.

I'm a solid black G10 on black on black guy, or black g10 on midnight.

I have a "black" micarta hog badger and it's more like grey-ish. I'm going to rit dye it, I think.

I had 2 hammered silver 511s and really didn't like it. I'm sure some do like it and I can understand why. I stripped one and gave the other away. In fact, the only 2 busse-kin knives I have that have not been stripped are an A2TG and a parked hollow ground regulator. I like the hollow ground regulator's finish (parked is awesome, busse isn't the only knife I have that is parked and it is an amazing knife finish that I never really appreciated until I got a custom with it and abused the shit out of it).

That being said, I have found that I have a really large like of stripping and sanding knives. The coating on my hog badger made it about 2 days before I worked that sucker over and I haven't even really used it yet (no sheath that fits it).

I requested a change of color for the Rucki. I keep seeing pics of hammered silver and think I made a mistake. I’m too worried I’m not gonna like it. Too risky. So I asked to change to muddy brown with red/black g10. I have that color combo on a Ratmandu and I love it. Now I’m just hoping to get an email from Amy saying it’s not to late to change.

I have silver but muddy is better and my favorite. What happened to black paper?

mumbo-la-famila-2_15409834116_o by mumbojumboo, on Flickr
I wonder the same thing. Black paper on tanker was awesome. I also like desert sage with black paper. I even asked for it on a Ratmandu recently. They said it’s no longer available. That’s too bad. It’s super black!

Back