Ruike p108 vs p801

I've just bought the 801, been carrying it a few days and used it a fair bit for that time.
I have only looked at the online reviews and description of the 108.

My recommendtion is the 801, *if* my cursory glance is correct and the 801 is about $10 cheaper.

It looks to me like the 108 is mainly slimmer with a beta plus lock.

Personally I am fine carrying a plain jane frame lock and my 801 seems fine.

Now if that extra 10 got me a 3d sculpted, textured handle of a lighter material, so the balance was just below the pivot - I'd recommend that knife for $20 more than mine.

But as it is, the differences I can see after a quick skim are not worth the higher price. Granted I'm not going to research in depth simply becuse I like my 801 a lot and want to keep on liking it.
But the handle is smooth and heavy. I knew this beforehand. It's a damn good knife for what I paid. For $10 more, a knife with a similar handle is much less competitive.

I have owned both...preferred the 801! Im not a fan of “extra” locks. Plus, the 801 was more comfortable for me.

I have the P108, got it to see how I like the blade steel, good choice so far. Better than just decent quality overall, in my opinion. Don't use the Beta lock, don't care one way or the other. Don't think you could go wrong either way...

Had an Amazon gift card and bought the 801 and the (135?) " Hussar" at the same time. Very pleased with both of them. Like the 801 a lock and consider it a more slender gentleman's knife as it disappears completely in my blue jeans. Takes a great edge and does a pretty good job of holding on to it. Feels good in the hand in the build is great.

But I really like that "Hussar" a lot as well and find myself carrying that frequently. It's deceptive; it's very well built, takes a great edge, and has a thick spine on it that keeps the blade nice and rigid during its work day. Like the g10 a lot and there is enough handle hold onto to make it a good work knife. I have a couple of friends that bought that particular pattern and love it as a hunting / gutting / cleaning knife for game.

Robert

That Ruike Hussar “121” is exactly what I was looking for. Just ordered one, thanks for the feedback!

Back