Ruike Trekker and Criterion, what a SAK should be

I own SAKs, and no, I don't want or need another more of the same SAK. I want the Ruike I posted above for the reasons I posted above, which SAK does not offer in a single package.

Sure buddy, I'm "trolling". What is your problem with Ruike and why would posting one of their innovative knives be trolling? I'm planning on buying on soon, already have a Ruike P801 and it is a really nice knife so I know they make quality products.
I don't have a problem with Ruike. I also don't consider the addition of a pocket clip to an imitation of a SAK particularly "innovative" though.
Maybe if you qualified your OP title with "opinion" instead of making a blanket statement it wouldn't come across as an attempt to stir up ....?

Then you don't want a SAK and victorinox doesn't want or need to make what you want them to, they are doing just fine making what they already make.

I'm not asking SAK to personally make me something. I'm saying since they don't offer what I want, and Ruike does, that I will be buying a Ruike for the reasons above. SAK can follow any business model they please. However, I do think if they offered some of their models with an integral pocket clip, they would do very well especially the SAK one hand Trekker.

I don't have a problem with Ruike. I also don't consider the addition of a pocket clip to an imitation of a SAK particularly "innovative" though.
Maybe if you qualified your OP title with "opinion" instead of making a blanket statement it wouldn't come across as an attempt to stir up ....?

What else would the thread be but my opinion? Do you think every statement on the internet is fact? Of course it is my opinion.

I own SAKs, and no, I don't want or need another more of the same SAK. I want the Ruike I posted above for the reasons I posted above, which SAK does not offer in a single package.
So buy it! I would be interested to read a good review. That would be a service to the forum as a whole. If you wanted to be thorough, buy a SAK OHO as well and then compare the two.

Also, there is a SAK Rescuetool, with glass breaker (for all the many times you feel it will be useful), disc saw and belt cutter. :)

I'm not asking SAK to personally make me something. I'm saying since they don't offer what I want, and Ruike does, that I will be buying a Ruike for the reasons above. SAK can follow any business model they please. However, I do think if they offered some of their models with an integral pocket clip, they would do very well especially the SAK one hand Trekker.
You said these are what a SAK should be. That is a provocative statement, even if you didn't mean it as such. This thread would have a different tone if you had left SAKs out of the discussion.

Buy what you want and enjoy it but tell us something that already works for most of us should be something completely different.

I carry my Vic hiker every day for work, and carry a Vic rambler on my keychain everywhere.
The fact that they don't have G10, pocket clips, and thumb studs make them almost universally accepted.

There is nothing about that knife that a sak needs to emulate. If I did feel the need to carry a more modern multi tool, my skeletool blows that thing away.

I carry my Vic hiker every day for work, and carry a Vic rambler on my keychain everywhere.
The fact that they don't have G10, pocket clips, and thumb studs make them almost universally accepted.

There is nothing about that knife that a sak needs to emulate. If I did feel the need to carry a more modern multi tool, my skeletool blows that thing away.
Exactly. If I want more versatility than a SAK I will carry a MT with pliers (which I do every day anyway).

Didn't boker try something like this? How often do you see those around? I didn't buy one.

Get one of these. Extrema Ratio m1a1
Or something smaller?
show_image.php

Is that a factory clip? If so, it makes no sense, the classic is one of the SAKs that actually doesn't need a pocket clip.

Not really, I haven't seen anyone use a money clip since 1978 wearing a smoking jacket.

Both Victorinox and Wenger made one-hand opening knives with pocket clips. Haven't checked if they still make them, but I had them all at one point.

Wenger was even deep carry with a button lock if I remember correctly.

Back