Ruin Your Day...

You asked if this has happed to anyone else:D...........Yep.

100_0066.jpg

A few years back I was battoning this D-2 blade made by Ontario knives through some mullberry when this happened. I was quite shocked, never have bought anything else from that company and never will .

Bryan

One word of advice my friend?

Six letters.

B-E-C-K-E-R

*puts on sunglasses* deal with it.

no, but seriously... Sorry for your loss, hope they send you a replacement.

--

maethor

Wow, two shattered RTAK IIs in one thread! I don't own one but if you've got the funds, try an ESEE Junglas, which is for lack of a better word, the latest version of the RTAK. ESEE fully covers their knives so in the rare event that your Junglas did break you'd be covered.
They'd probably ask you to send in the broken one too so they can test it to see why it failed. Rowen heat treat is first rate though so the chances of your Junglas or any other Rowen made ESEE would probably be very slim.

certainly agree about the back up tool since the greatest product can have a cull. batonning procedure is important since hard strikes can cause many problems, tapping the blade back instead of pounding is not only safer but more productive.--dennis

That is the reason to always carry another knife and a first aid kit too

Glad you were not injured

There, I made one for you!
And bigger than a Mora to boot!

RTAK-II_Modified.jpg

And if you want a giant arrowhead, I can make you one of those too ;)

Ouch, that hurts.

There were some batches of RTAKs with heat treat issues. Well, there were batches of Ontarios with heat treat issues. An odd blade breaking in two, okay, but when you see those huge chips out of the blade like that, whew!

Back