Rukus 610 in A8-mod

Used, sharpened, dropped one on a rock, sharpened it again to remove the roll and rebeveled the edge.

Keep them both at below 17 deg pr side (they are thick blades), they get (chest) hair splitting really easy and keep an edge really good after use on dry, knotty spruce, birch and pine, both «batonning» («» because they are 3-4 inch edges) and cutting.

The one I use most for woods I put a beck bevel at about 13 deg, and a second bevel at 17. The second bevel is almost a mm. That one is a bit thicker behind the edge then optimal for my use, but it’s no problem to make paper thin curls in wood. And the edge holds

This was definitely one of the more interesting projects I have worked on. Fredrik was awesome to work with, on time and great communication throughout the process. Glad we were able to get a knife fixed up how you want it man! Looking forward to hearing updates down the road ;)

We had a long, technical, well-sourced thread on this steel issue, but because of multiple requests, I took the other knife company's name out of the thread, as well as its proprietary steel name.

Very good. I will go edit my post to remove the reference. If you can edit the quote, that will take care of that. @BladeScout if you wouldn't mind editing your quote to remove the reference as well, that'd be great.

This knife and the work by Josh and Fredrik speak for themselves.

Absolutely! Fine work indeed, and an extremely tough blade. Congrats!

That’s about as unique as unique can be. It surely sounds and looks like it’d be a fun blade to use.

And that pup is cute as hell! I love GSD puppies.

Interestingly enough, looks like AKS just got a bunch of A8(mod) in stock! pretty cool

Back