Rule #9. "Never go anywhere without a knife."

Mack

Expert Ultracrepidarian
Platinum Member
This one will go with me everywhere. It cuts like a dream, the ebony looks like a million bucks and the point is fantastic for everything from piercing packages to drilling.
I'm home for the first time in many months so I'm not going to waste a lot of time typing, I'll get right to the pics.;)
John could not have made this fit my hand any better.:thumbup:
rule9inhand.jpg

Very simple lines but it certainly works.
rule9dock.jpg

The red liners are striking against the jet black ebony.
rule9spine.jpg

It does a great job in the kitchen.
rule9steak.jpg

rule9chicken.jpg

rule9peppers.jpg

Thanks to John and all of you that voted for this design. It is the knife that I've been searching for.:thumbup:
rule9tipburied.jpg

Great knife,congrats!Say,you don't live in the P.N.W.do you?

Yeah, central Oregon coast. Does it look familiar?

Nice photos, glad you were able to be home for this ones arrival.

Thanks John.
By the way, if I ever post a pic here that you like, you have my permission to use it in any way you choose.

Last edited:
Sweet. Mine will look like yours except for the liners. Good design! Thanks for the pics.

Great looking knife ~~ but there ought to be a Fish out there somewhere.*

I sure tried. We spent the entire afternoon in the canoe trying to catch some and got skunked.

While I'm sure my EWOK will still get a lot of use, especially when I go to places where blade length is a problem but this knife has become my best friend.
John has really done a great job on it. I have a copy of the original drawing here and it is exactly as drawn. The pics do not do the scales justice. I can not find anything to complain or even be critical about.

What I am trying to say is, whether you want one of these or a design of your own, if you draw it John will make it and make it right. Of course I really hope you like this one.;)

Hi Mack -

Beautiful scenery, and a great looking knife!

I'll have one of those made later this summer, I like the line of that knife.

Congrats on winning the contest, and thanks for the pictures.

best regards -

mqqn

Thanks Andy. It's amazing how a simple blade shape can cut so well. Of course John's workmanship has a lot to do with how well it works and how it fits the hand..

Agreed. John and I discussed the design of my phoenix at length and his contouring of the handle makes the knife, in my opinion. This knife is another example of function. The old KiSS principle, keep it simple, stupid, meaning it works so don't mess with it. Looking forward to mine.

That really did turn out great. Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much!
I've never had a tool fit my hand so perfectly. It is an absolute joy to use a knife that fits so well.

A Rule #9 for every season.
TkFHkSs.jpg

The original Rule #9 is as close to perfect as a knife gets for me. That said, I love big blades so I needed a bigger one and since it rains a bit out here on the coast a stainless one just makes sense.
It's going to take something really great to kick any of these off my hip.
Thanks, John. It came out perfect.

That is a lot different looking coast line than I'm used too! Nice photos Bud but, that knife is absolutely beautiful! That fourth photo looked like some great jerky meat! I have been wanting a set of ebony scales ever since my second JK! Now I'm definitely sold! I'm thinking of maybe having a Hudson Bay done with ebony now! You will find it hard to beat John when it comes to building a knife! That's why I have stayed close to him for so long! I'm sure mqqn and jds1 will tell you the same thing! Later!

Back