Rumor of happenings between Ontario and RAT Cutlery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rember its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog. So try not to let the ontario screw you over just because they are bigger.

Wow... this is the first time I've seen this thread. It's a damn shame when a big guy picks on a little guy. We need tort reform in this country, BAD!

I was looking at an Ontario knife yesterday, considering buying it for my daughter. I'm glad I didn't. Any company who uses such dirtbag tactics does not deserve my business, and will not receive it. There are too many other good alternatives to do business with a Company like Ontario.

Keep up the good fight R.A.T.!!!

Crap thats a load of bs antway even though i dont have any of your knives yet i suport with my thoughts. when the izula comes out im gona buy a rc4 and the izula.

Good luck to you guys i hope you win.

But their are some issues that we need to discuss due to some filings we are having to make with the PTO. I've got a call and a couple of emails in with Jerry so I'm sure we'll hook up before too long. It's all good though. Wished there were more American made companies like the Busse knife companies out there! ;)

I'll admit to some curiosity over how this all played out. No worries if it's confidential subject matter.

Hey, sorry to hear about the messed up problems with Ontario. But I wanted to say (tongue in cheek) sell them the Rat name for big bucks. We will follow you whatever the name.. I'm a small business owner, I hate this $h!t. If my competition didn't openly bribe customers, I would be kicking their A$$. I do good work, I'm proud of what I do, hey I'll give discounts to companies, etc. but I have to be able to live with myself.

As a new name for the company I suggest Ratario..

If you can't laugh at it sometimes it will eat you alive...

I am appalled.

I have never had cause to disparage any knife manufacturer...until now.

RAT cutlery has my highest respect and regard, and I certainly hope you guys can hang in there until you're vindicated, legally and financially.

Dam! this sucks just got through reading the thread, Hell one of my first knives was an Ontario. I’m done with them. I was going to buy a TAK model from Brigade , Screw it I’ll go with the RC 4. I hope everything works out for you guys. This just sucks, I never would have thought Ontario would have turned out to be such a bunch of pricks. And until they change their management… I’ll never buy anything from them again.

Good Luck R.A.T !

Last edited:
Any news on this yet? Curious as to what the status is if it can be disclosed.
Ontario's move against you lost them my business. I don't look back once i've been rubbed the wrong way.
I hope they show some proper ethics and cease their legal action.

Obviously, Ontario is really concerned about RAT Cutlery outcompeting them for the same market share. I think it's safe to say you've hurt their business somewhat, no matter how polite you've been about it and really by no fault of your own. Most people (myself included) when given a choice would prefer to buy a product with a better warranty and better communication/customer service. How they think they can go after your name and label, well I don't know, but it's apparent to everyone that it's just a gestapo tactic aimed at trying to keep you out of the Big Boy's Club.

This isn't right, but good moral concience is about as rare as common sense. Ontario is attacking you because they fear losing any more of their customers to a superior company and product. But make no mistake about it, you could call your company and knives anything else and not lose a single customer or sale from these forums. Ontario, on the other hand, will never ever get another dollar out of me.

Wow, I just read the whole thread. Glad to hear RC is doing great! I recently got the rc4 has a gift and love it. And after reading Jeff's posts and getting a good idea of the type of person he is I will continue to buy RC products as long as I'm alive. Now each time I use my knife or just glance at it, I feel extremely proud and fortunate to own one of these. I feel as if I don't ever have to worry about the knife failing, or have to worry about warranty issues. You rock RC. Thank you.

just sent ontario a very unflattering review . As a Canadian it is annoying to have one of our provinces as their namesake. I will do what I can to spread the word at this saturday's trap shoot and any time I am at my friends knife and sword shop which is often.
Everyone loves the underdog but action gets the job done, spread the word and be vocal!!!!!
" From a ripple grows a wave"

just sent ontario a very unflattering review . As a Canadian it is annoying to have one of our provinces as their namesake. I will do what I can to spread the word at this saturday's trap shoot and any time I am at my friends knife and sword shop which is often.
Everyone loves the underdog but action gets the job done, spread the word and be vocal!!!!!
" From a ripple grows a wave"

I still have a RAT3, I did own the entire RAT line from Ontario.
I've sent most to servicemen as gifts.

I have since bought an RC4 and now I'll replace that old 3.

I'm anxious to handle the SERE as I think it will be a winner.

Right is Might!!!
Pete

Wow. I had heard of the friction from Ontario but didn't know it was this shitty. Kinda gives me a little bit of pride in ordering an Izula the other day. Also makes me a little glad I passed on the RTAK II I was going to order today.

I hate petty bullshit like this. Hope it all goes well. Good luck and consider my support given. I think the RC-5 is going to be a worthy investment here in a week or two. :)

Perhaps an email from each of us to Ontario knife company with a little piece of our minds about this might help??
I wont ever give them my business again and will inform my outdoor enthusiest friend about this also. I wonder how many emails they might get?

Hey guys, we're just back from the SHOT show. I went over to the main Ontario booth and shook all of their hands. Mike did the same at the smaller booth they had in the LE section. The bottom line is this issue is now to the point of just letting the lawyers handle it. No need to make any calls, do any boycotts, etc.

Thanks,

Jeff

Show was great! Just got back in and trying to catch up.

Hey guys, we're just back from the SHOT show. I went over to the main Ontario booth and shook all of their hands. Mike did the same at the smaller booth they had in the LE section. The bottom line is this issue is now to the point of just letting the lawyers handle it. No need to make any calls, do any boycotts, etc.

Thanks,

Jeff

Ok, no boycott, but the fact is, you guys do make a better product. Why would I spend my money buying an inferior product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back