Ruple-Moki Custom

glennbad

Knife Moddin' Fool
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I don't know if anyone else got one of these, but I received mine today. They were offered in 4 material choices, I believe. It's as nice as a Case-Bose, or other private-made customs. The pull is softer than I usually like, but not a deal breaker. The stag is amazing. Also, an interesting pattern. Overall, a very fine knife!

moki-ruple1.jpg
moki-ruple2.jpg
moki-ruple3.jpg
moki-ruple4.jpg

If you got one, please share it!

That's a handsome knife Glenn. You have me hunting for one now. :thumbsup:

I’ve been following these since the retailer began sending into...

very beautiful handle material

Great looking knife. I have been sitting on the fence. You may have pushed me off.

Beautiful handle slabs, pleasing shape, attractive shield, and excellent bolsters/caps. :cool::thumbsup:

Nice pickup Glen, you landed a gorgeous stag. I have been waiting to see these drop and hear some reviews.

I don't know if anyone else got one of these, but I received mine today. They were offered in 4 material choices, I believe. It's as nice as a Case-Bose, or other private-made customs. The pull is softer than I usually like, but not a deal breaker. The stag is amazing. Also, an interesting pattern. Overall, a very fine knife!

View attachment 1481207
View attachment 1481211
View attachment 1481212
View attachment 1481213

Really nice ranch knife. How does it cut?

Zieg

I haven't cut anything with it yet. It's almost too pretty to use, haha.
I get you 100%. Eventually, though, the desire to see how a special knife performs overtakes me and I sacrifice its virginity. Of course, a gentleman never tells, so if you must keep the experience to yourself, we'll understand.

Zieg

View attachment 1481207
View attachment 1481211
View attachment 1481212
View attachment 1481213

Since you have had it for a year, do you use it and if so, how does it perform?

VG-10 has been around a while now, but it's still really good steel . . . should cut and hold an edge very well.

VG-10 has been around a while now, but it's still really good steel
Yes. 🤠 :thumbsup:
It's funny how you can have a really good steel and everybody sings its praises. But then something better comes out and suddenly the old steel is seen as total crap. We are wired to think "only the best is good enough". But I choose to think that sometimes "good enough is good enough." VG10 hold a decent edge, it's easy to sharpen, and it's very stainless and corrosion resistant... sounds like a good steel to me.

I handled a couple at Blade Show. As stated, they are exceptional. It took a lot of self control not to get one that day. And I’ve looked back a few times since.

Back