Russian Custom folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. We want to share with you information about two wonderful folding knives manufactured in Russia: "Contra" flipper and "Provocator".

b48b0743332f.jpg

Knives are made of steel M390, handles are made of titanium, ceramic bearings are used. The designer of knives is Andrei Sander. We are waiting for your opinion ..

184dd0a412e4.jpg

1caea1417e32.jpg

[video=youtube;YrPqQHS8oZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrPqQHS8oZ4[/video]​

are you a dealer?

I like both models... but your links are either busted or I can't seem to get to them. Also, not sure you can post items for sale here w/out paying for the proper membership.

I like the "Provocator" but in a smaller length like 3.5" blade-4.5" handle.

I like the "Provocator" but in a smaller length like 3.5" blade-4.5" handle.

I'm just the opposite.... I have xxl hands, so the Provocator looks like a perfect sized folder to me! REALLY like the lines/grinds on that one!

They look like knives to me... Support your brothers! Buy local!

LOL....Not many people more up to speed than Betzner..!

Well, thanks Russ. Your comment gives me the perfect segway to ask:

Hey, sechip, why don't you school me on non-US knives, their quality, their looks, etc. and, more specifically, Russian cutlery, the point of this thread*. Perhaps you should begin by explaining what you actually know about US knives, past and present makers, quality, etc - since that is what you'll need to compare non-US knives against?

* Note that Forest Home Knives' youtube presentation is in Russian, with only the title "Forest Home Knives" in English.

Last edited:
All I'm saying is I don't discount a knife simply because of country of origin.

All I'm saying is I don't discount a knife simply because of country of origin.

And all I'm sayin' is I don't like the looks, quality or resale value of most knives made outside the US, and would rather purchase from my own "local" economy.

COBETCK|/||/| CO|-O3!!!

That's right. Russia is putting out some crazy knives lately. I really like how alot of their framelocks aren't "overbuilt" while still being tough as nails. Take the ZT0452 for examp.

Now I heard companies like Shirogorov have all their parts produced in China which are then assembled in Russia? Is this true? Does anyone know? Shouldn't he much of a concern woth companies like Kizer WE and Reate out these days. I actually think America is falling behind.

LAPDOG - It really is not good form to badmouth someone's product as you have just done, suggesting that a certain maker has parts manufactured elsewhere. It's really the same as badmouthing the maker. VERY poor form.

Understand that nothing I have written to this point in this thread can take anything away from some of the great art knives of superb quality by a few Russian knifemakers such as the ones in some of Dr David Darom's books. But I would never buy the vast majority of them, because the artform is Russian rather than American. While beautiful and of highest quality, they most often hit my eyes strangely. And if one decides to sell such a knife in the American market, there are many fewer prospective buyers, for the same reason.

Last edited:
And all I'm sayin' is I don't like the looks, quality or resale value of most knives made outside the US, and would rather purchase from my own "local" economy.

Like I said in my original post "to each their own"

No reason to muck up a paying member's for sale thread.

Like I said in my original post "to each their own"

No reason to muck up a paying member's for sale thread.

If this was posted to be a for sale thread, it is in the wrong place and if I am not mistaken, is a rules violation for that reason. You clearly do not understand that when a thread is posted to this subforum, it is subject to discussion and input, whether positive or negative. Anything for sale MUST go into the Exchange, not here.

First off I am not badmouthing anyone's product. I think Shirogorov makes amazing knives. Secondly I am not sure of the internals of Shiros operation but I have heard their parts are made in China, assembled in Russia. If I say China is making amazing stuff and possibly even outstripping America with companies like WE and Reate then how is it an insult to say Shiro is getting parts from China?

Lastly I don't get what Canada has to do with any of this. You think because I live in Canada I can't post my opinion that China has stepped their game up with some of their production companies and may now be producing higher quality knives for a better price than the states? (I lived in the states for most my childhood so does that make it ok for me to have an opinion?) i still think America makes tons of great knives and most my knives are from the states. There's no need to get defensive. It's just my opinion that companies like WE are producing amazing knives for what they're charging.

Take a look at the Steelcraft Begg Kwaiken and tell me there is a nicer Benchmade being offered for that price. ZT may be the only US company offering those materials for that price.

Thank you for sharing your work with us. I really like the blue knife.

they look nice. the one reminds me of a rask, in that it is very plain, slightly too big.

whats the hardness HRC of the m390?

obviously these were designed in Russia, were they manufactured in China like Custom knife factory (which btw, makes amazing knives).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back