Rustoleum Krud Cutter, the 'Must for Rust'

BOSS1

Gold Member
Greetings all,

I came across this at the local hardware section and thought I'd pass it along for anyone looking for rust inhibitors, Rustoleum Krud Cutter:

http://www.rustoleum.com/en/product.../the-must-for-rust-rust-remover-and-inhibitor

I've only been using it a short time, but overall I find it interesting. While it doesn't magically make all rust *poof* disappear, I only tried it on one tiny little stubborn spot on a blade. Larger projects where there's loose slag/scale/etc. it might have move impressive results.

What I am finding more interesting the idea that it claims it provides up to a year of protection. Now I put it one blade, and it does leave a streaky appearance. And a very thin film that can be toweled/rubbed off after it dries for an hour or so. But the streakiness remains, so there is still some on there. While it's billed as 'water based/earth friendly/biodegradable' I don't think its going to be food safe, but if you've got an uncoated field knife that you don't mind a less that pristine, safe queen, unstreaked finish, this might be worth looking at.

As I get a little more experience, I'll post some more one it.

BOSS

great info thanks for posting Boss! I wonder if it would work in larger applications like underneath a trailer?

Sorry to necro this old thread, but I just got a diamond plate made by Utlrasharp (seems nice!) and thought it was interesting that they recommend using Krud Cutter as a lubricant. Probably be a good additive for anyone using a Tormek with CBN or diamond wheels, I imagine.

Back