Rusty Slate Has Walked West

I'd known he was ill...I hadn't had any idea of how ill.

I don't even know what to say to this. What a loss.

Unbelievable.... this is a lot for such a small community. :(

More smoke than usual going out starting now.

At least there will be some good company up there. Uncle Bill is probably still at the Gate, keeping God entertained, and along comes Rusty.... I hope they go out for a beer.

Peace and Best wishes to everyone.

bamboo

I am speachless...
And I also heard that the Pope died 53 min. ago.
Sad, sad times.

Teo

Wow Im in shock another good man gone, I bet he and Bill are togather smiling down on us all. God speed Rusty.

James

Thankfully I opened my email before here and that Munk had written me. I can't hardly type for the tears and sobbing. I have lost four brothers now in too goddamned short a time. Walosi and I were very close, my bio brother Jack and I were not, just brothers and Jack was 12 years older than me. Then Bill who reamined close until the end and now Rusty whith whom I was the closest too. My heart is breaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Bill and Rusty have taken the HI Forum to the next level, thats all... They're now just waiting patiently for the rest of the Cantina to join them in due time :)

My words have come...for what little they may be worth.

Bill and Rusty have lived an example for us, taught us, and loved us. It is now our turn to *show* them that we *were* paying attention...and carry on in the manner they would wish for us...

We *all* owe that honor to each of them.

Hope you two are laughing your butts off at us right now...

Not the best of things to have happen. We're all at a loss . Smoke rising .Al

Nasty said:
My words have come...for what little they may be worth.

Bill and Rusty have lived an example for us, taught us, and loved us. It is now our turn to *show* them that we *were* paying attention...and carry on in the manner they would wish for us...

We *all* owe that honor to each of them.

Hope you two are laughing your butts off at us right now...

I think Nasty's probably right I bet their both laughing right now at the irony .... Hail and farewell to another fine soul. Im sure Rusty and Uncle Bill are togather again, having a cold one, talking knives n Khukuri's. I wasn't close to either of them, as I am pretty new to the forum, but I feel as though I've lost 2 dear friends this week, but we must continue to carry on and lead by the example they left for us as well as continue their good works.

James

I can just see them sitting around the cracker barrel having a cold one with Pappy & Wal.

I can see the Pope..."No kidding...these guys all buy these bent knives?"

Bless them all...prayers, blessings, smoke and song for family, friends and Brothers.

Rusty...

You were one of the good ones. Damn.

Maybe- no, I'm certain- things look different on the other side. Maybe it's easier to see how people will persevere, and eventually triumph, even without us.

It's a little harder closer to the action.

Vaya con Dios, brother.

John

Back