Rusty Slate Has Walked West

I just read the news. :(

I'm sad and angry. Two terrible losses in such a short time.

Stunned...simply stunned.

My sympathies to his family...condolences to the Cantina.

There are not words enough to express how these great men have positively affected others all over the world.

The only good thing is two best pals are together once again...

Bill and Rusty have lived an example for us, taught us, and loved us. It is now our turn to *show* them that we *were* paying attention...and carry on in the manner they would wish for us...

I couldn't agree more.

I still can't come to terms with this, I just can't believe this happened.

My God, I did not see this coming at all. With both so close together? Wow.

I do take consolation, however, that I was able to know both. And yes, they would both want us to move on now.

Smoke and blessings always,

Nam

Words do nothing. There are tears in my eyes over these 2 losses of Uncle Bill and Rusty. My condonences to Rusty's wife and family.

Ice

I had to read this twice to believe it.
He was one of the good guys... he will be sorely missed. May he rest in peace.

I only sort of knew him from the forum but I found I looked for his post to see what he had to say...
But a man can be known by his friends and he has good ones
I can only offer prayers

I am so sorry to hear this. :( God speed, and prayers of strength and comfort to the families left behind.

This is the last thing I was expecting today. I'm in shock.
Can't write right now. Damn. I can't believe this.

Nasty said:
My words have come...for what little they may be worth.

Bill and Rusty have lived an example for us, taught us, and loved us. It is now our turn to *show* them that we *were* paying attention...and carry on in the manner they would wish for us...

We *all* owe that honor to each of them.

Hope you two are laughing your butts off at us right now...

Amen to all your words, Nasty. WELL PUT!

It's hard to believe, even though we know it's true. No one lives forever, and none of us know when it's time to go until the time comes. Now it's time for the rest of us around the world, even in mourning, to continue to play our part before we follow them.

And yes, they are all probably laughing at us, worrying about nothing at all, worrying about being at peace.

Dear God,
What's going on?
I cant believe this.
Rusty, you were of great help and support to me.
You also helped my sister, who has an autistic son.
(Rusty did too)
We wont forget your kindness and friendship.

I suspect that Bill's passing may have weakened Rusty somewhat.
I understand it, I think we are all weakened now.

Rusty and Bill can moderate us from Heaven now.

Damn, I didnt want to hear this news today.

Anyway, God bless you ,Rusty.
We miss you.

Well crud, this is a kick in the shorts at a bad time. Rusty was a good man and will be missed. I'm sorry I never got to meet him. My sympathies to his survivors.

That's terrible! Is this true?? What's going on with all these people dying :confused: How old was Rusty? I didn't realize he even had any health problems!

Rusty, wherever you are take care! That's a real bummer.

First Uncle Bill, then his son (not really, but that's how I always thought of him).

His passing is so different, so unexpected (to me). As mPisi said "a kick in the shorts at a bad time".

If there's ANYTHING to be done, please let us know.

Rusty always came across to me as an old desert rat. Hope he's found a place with sweetly flowing waters.

Back