Rusty Slate Has Walked West

Jeez, this is so totally unexpected. I knew he was hardly older than me, and thought he was just offline helping Yangdu with all the arrangements for Uncle Bill. Like most of you, I had no idea he was even the slightest bit ill.

I am sorry for Rusty's family and for all of you that were so close to him. For some reason he and I never clicked at all, and I always wondered why. I wrote to him personally last Monday offering my condolences to him, as I knew how close he ane Uncle Bill were, and had hoped that Bill's passing might open a bridge between the two of us. I feel an affinity for everyone who frequents this forum regularly and wanted to have the same relationship with Rusty as well.

The one thing I could count on in any gun thread or discussion was for Rusty to chime in just before me with exactly the correct information, in even more detail than I was going to write! He really knew his stuff. (Wasn't the 16.5" WWII his favorite khuk as well?) I also thought that he was an excellent moderator and did a great job of monitoring every thread and made sure nothing got out of hand.

I wish we had all known he was this ill, so that we could have been more prepared and offered him help at the time.

I'm glad though that Uncle Bill has his best friend for company so soon after his passing.

Regards,

Norm

I am at a loss for words:( I feel like I just lost two close family members in a car wreck. God speed, Rusty. You were appreciated. We will all try to walk in the footsteps of both you and Uncle Bill.

Jake

I am shocked and saddened by the news of Rusty's passing. Although I did not know him well, he was obviously a dear friend to many here and his contributions to running the forum invaluable. It will be hard for anyone to do the job he did.

Got home from work a few hours ago and found out that the Pope passed away this morning. Then I log onto BF and find out that Rusty has also passed. The world has lost 3 great people this week. :(

My condolences to Rustys family and friends. God bless!! Rusty will be missed.

Heber

My mind went blank with disbelief upon reading the news. This is not my reality. Two good people I met and talked with, plus several other local friends have gone west. May their burdens be light in the trek ahead.

I'm beginning to look over my shoulder. Hope I can stay ahead and keep my head up.

Wow what a week.

UB is a role model for me, he walked his talk.

Rusty was a super guy, kind and thoughtful.

The Pope was also one heck of a role model, if you read about his life, it is astounding.

I think the world is a richer place today than it would have been without anyone of the three.

Norm,
Rusty knew good men when he saw them, whether they 'clicked'. And he understood more than even the breadth and depth of his posts would reveal.

He could see heart so plainly.

munk

First Bill and now Rusty. I feel myself a better man for having known both of them. This is just too much. :(

A good man.
He done good
in many ways

Prayers for him & his.

~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<>they call me
'Dean' :)-FYI-FWIW-IIRC-JMO-M2C-YMMV-TIA-YW-GL-HH-HBD-IBSCUTWS-tWotBGUaDUaDUaD
<> Tips <> Baha'i Prayers Links --A--T--H--D

Requiescat in Pacem, rusty

God Bless and safe voyage.

My condolences to his family

When I logged on this afternoon I thought this was an April Fool's in incredibly poor taste. It just doesn't seem possible. Then I saw who posted and knew munk would never joke about something like this. RIP Rusty, I've no doubt you and Uncle Bill met on the other side. Hold a chair at the bar for the rest of us.

Condolences to Rusty's Family, from the Sweet, Hubbard and Chan Families.

My condolences to Rusty's family and friends. A very sad week.

-Emile

Back