Rusty Swamprat

No, I don’t care about such things.
I hope it turns out well. I personally tend not to mind the coating for the added protection it provides, but it does add a lot of friction when making deep cuts.

I bought this one off the exchange - previous owner stripped just the bevels and convexed the shoulders to a wonderful finish:

9rn50Bz.jpg
dg4CLnt.jpg

I hope it turns out well. I personally tend not to mind the coating for the added protection it provides, but it does add a lot of friction when making deep cuts.

I bought this one off the exchange - previous owner stripped just the bevels and convexed the shoulders to a wonderful finish:

9rn50Bz.jpg
dg4CLnt.jpg
Nice

Good to know, gents, but I happen to like the authentic patina look. I hate paint on a blade. Bussekin should lose the paint all together in my view.

My biggest pet peeve with the brand is the powder coat, they sometimes offer a higher cost option for satin or matte finish... but not always unfortunately

If you want to make that hamon more pronounced, consider a ferric chloride etch. Once I achieved a dark and even finish under the faucet (I think I applied the acid with a soft-bristle brush), I gently displaced the water with wd-40 (no rub-down with paper towels, etc.) and then let it “soak.” It’s held up incredibly well and prevents corrosion much better than a polish.

45CA9E7C-E6BD-4C15-8100-30F9DD914846.jpeg 19358F7D-7FBB-4E31-9BB7-7918B0BD5BBD.jpeg FB38B260-FD74-4F66-A195-CBF9BD843717.jpeg

If you want to make that hamon more pronounced, consider a ferric chloride etch. Once I achieved a dark and even finish under the faucet (I think I applied the acid with a soft-bristle brush), I gently displaced the water with wd-40 (no rub-down with paper towels, etc.) and then let it “soak.” It’s held up incredibly well and prevents corrosion much better than a polish.

View attachment 1248004 View attachment 1248005 View attachment 1248006

That turned out excellent!!!

Back