Ryuichi Kawamura Knives

I love the blade combination, not a redundancy anywhere, great size differences, overall a very beautiful specimen of cutlery.

Thanks, fellas. It's obvious that you gentlemen possess exquisite taste. ;):p

Glad the rain held off - it would have been a shame to miss the pics of that beauty.

Congrats Elliott! That's a gorgeous knife - first rate work and materials all around; I particularly love that popcorn stag! Thanks so much for sharing that with us!

I think you're the one with exquisite taste, Elliot. I know mine has evolved from seeing the knives you and others have posted here.

Nice knife, Elliott! Interesting interpretation of that good old traditional.
Kudos to Ryu, and nicely chosen by you!

Wow, just incredible.

I appreciate all the good words...I've sent Ryu a link to the thread but I'm not sure whether he'll feel comfortable enough to reply here. On his behalf please permit me to say thank you.

That whittler is exquisite Charles.:thumbup:

That stag is just a knockout, totally fantastic knife, congratulations on such a fine piece.

And the whittler is a jewel, beautiful.

The knives in this thread are terrific, 10 out of 10, wow...congratulations to all who are fortunate enough to own such masterful pieces of art.

Chuku, you've got great taste! :)

This one is on the way. Can't wait until my name comes up on Ryu's list for the cattle knife.

Swell-center Wharncliffe Whittler

CFF_3624.jpg

CFF_3624a.jpg

3 blade slip joint folder
Blade material : ATS-34
Handle material : Stainless steel / old jigged bone
Blade length : main blade 2 3/8" (60mm)
sub blade 1 7/16" (37mm)
Closed length : 3 3/8" (85mm)
handle : flat bevelled edge

Fantastic knife, congrats. How many springs on the knife?

Mike

Chuku, you've got great taste! :)

This one is on the way. Can't wait until my name comes up on Ryu's list for the cattle knife.

Swell-center Wharncliffe Whittler

CFF_3624.jpg

CFF_3624a.jpg

3 blade slip joint folder
Blade material : ATS-34
Handle material : Stainless steel / old jigged bone
Blade length : main blade 2 3/8" (60mm)
sub blade 1 7/16" (37mm)
Closed length : 3 3/8" (85mm)
handle : flat bevelled edge

Mike, Thanks! I was lucky to find this one. It's one of my favorite patterns from Ryu. It's a split back with 2 springs.

Thanks, Ken! I'm hoping to make it to Blade this year. It's looking like a 40% chance. I'm going to make a bee line for your table. ;)

Nice whittlers! I saw some of those pieces on the original vendor site before a few of them moved on to the second vendor site at a marked increase in price. Glad you got a hold of the one you wanted, Jake.

Back