S!K & D3V

It's tricky... order direct now and wait for delivery or wait for secondary market and get it as soon as you pay for it.

I've had a chance to play with my 4.1 in D3V and compare it with a few other blades. It's been from the snow in the Tahoe National Forest to the Mojave Desert in Nevada. The new spec 4.1 in D3V definitely has some improvements compared to the old specs. The blade geometry is quite a bit different and is a better slicer than the old spec. Corrosion resistance is much improved because I've dropped it wet in the sheath covered in snow and left it for several hours until I got home. My old spec would have light surface rust if I left it slightly damp in the sheath for a few hours. Edge retention and stability is better but I honestly can't tell you it's that much superior versus the older HT. I brought my 4.1 and CPK EDC in D3V to the desert and processed some food and firewood. They were both still hair shaving sharp with very slight imperfections on the edge after batonning through hard oak wood. However, after a light touch up on my Spyderco two sided ceramic stone that I carry in my pouch sheath both edges were back to original. I'm a little OCD when it comes to my knives and rarely don't touch them up after each day and/or night of use. Unfortunately, I only took pics of my 4.7 last weekend because I was beat after being in the sun for 8-9 hours a day firearms training at Frontsight. All three knives held up great for the 6 days in the desert doing food and fire prep chores.

This my 4.7 in 20cv but since I didn't take a pic of the 4.1 I figured it'll show the overall conditions. The others are the 4.1 in D3V

I've had a chance to play with my 4.1 in D3V and compare it with a few other blades.......

I love that picture with the field knife. Thank you for these thoughts supertac. The way you describe the corrosion resistance between old spec 4.1 and new spec 4.1 describes what I see when comparing old spec 4.1 vs d3v cpk fk, very good example.

Back