S!K fastener compatability question - new gen vs old/current gen

Thanks bud!
I still think that your 3.5 is my favorite so far with the new fasteners. It just looks so good.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. That was my first taste of the textured G10, when I upgraded those scales. It's one of the 3.5s that came out with the light etching right after Guy & Ellie moved, so I just steel-wooled it off so that it's sterile. Didn't mar the finish or anything, and gave it a unique look. Definitely one of my favorites too :)

Just wanted to do a little update and show all my 1st gens that have had the torx screw conversion. The necker 2 and 3.5 were done last with hardware from the 2.7 and the rest with 5.1 screws. A little post shortening was usually needed on one each set and I ended up using 2 of the short posts from the 2.7 sets to do the 3.5 [ not as much thread contact as I would like, but it works ]. For cleaning and switching out scales this conversion has been very useful.
vzAMyAw.jpg

That's really awesome, P Psybull

How did you shorten the parts that needed it?
It was the middle post for the edc 4's and 4.1 when using 5.1 sets that needed the post to be shortened.
I just used what I had tool wise, a bench grinder to remove a little at a time and round the outside edge a little when the right amount had been taken off. Helped to use a little water to keep the post cool while grinding it down and to check the fit often so as not to remove too much material. Pretty simple stuff to do and a file would get the job done if that's all you had.

Back