S-w 491l

Here's a couple recent acquisitions. The Craftsman I'm not for sure what the name of it. Is it a Craftsman's 491L? Any help would be appreciated.

XX491-L.jpg

XX491-LCraftsman.jpg

Jackie

Have anybody been able to help me out on naming that Craftsman. I like to keep an inventory listing. Or, does anyone know of a site that you can research old Sears catalogs?

Jackie
Civil_war_generalab-1-1.gif

You have to buy the catalogs. One... at... a ... time. There were three main catalogs for every year. If you aren't too concerned with Camillus made knives, you can begin with 1941. I am working on it. :)

Hi Jackie, i've never been able to find a number for that craftsman your showing, but i do have a mint one and it has the word BEARHEAD etched on the blade,happy collecting,G.M

Thanks for trying. The guard and blade makes me think it is related to the 491. The brass guard has the same whirly design and it has the same blade. Will take pictures of the guard tomorrow.

Jackie

Jackie...I believe your Craftsman is exactly the same as the one I was asking if anyone had pattern Number for....handle is wider than 491 and blade is also different...

Larry,

It's frustrating, yet intriguing. One of the reasons I like collecting them. Thus, what would you list it as, Craftsman Pattern Pending? :)

Here's another question. This is an Ebay item. The handle looks to be a custom job not a factory production. Am I wrong?

8f8c_1.jpg

9142_1.jpg

Jackie

G'Day Jackie, It's an older Imperial Sheath. We would have to see some more views from all the angles on that handle before I would offer any comment.You've seen my one of one factory sale knife with the cutlass crossguard and unusual timber handle..sooo anything is possible...let's see some pictures.
What was the 'Story' from the Ebay seller.
Jackie re the Craftsman..I got it originally from the same source that sold me a lot of the 'wall' items and mine is mint with no blade edge....never really been sharpened...what do you make of that? Hoo Roo

Larry,

Isn't it amazing. Bet there is nor ever be no other knife manufacturer like Schrade.

Well, here's what the seller states:

OLd Schrade Walden NY.U.S.A. Fixed Blade Knife With New Leather Sheath.Has Black Wood Handles.Marked on blade SCHRADE WALDEN N.Y. U.S.A. Otherside H15. Overall length 9 1/2 in.blade length 5 in. Good Condition for it's age,See Pictures.

I'm wary and not going to bid on it.

Jackie

Back