S.Walden Craftsman Candy Fixed Blades & Kit Carson Set.

G'Day, For those interested I post some photos of my 147A,147,& 148A Schrade Walden Craftsman 9508 and 9510 made for Sears Roebuck & Co from mid 50's to early 60's.
Craftsman 9508 <147A> 3 X Peppermint or Candy Cane stripe. Each feature Aluminum alloy Guards and Birdshead Pommels and acetate Washers <plastic washers> scales.
2 X 147 SFO orange "genuine unbreakable staglon" circa 1962.
2 X Craftsman 9510 <148A> 'Licorice' and 2 X 'Strawberry' scales with sabre ground carbon steel blades and same as above guards and pommels.
There is a very rare 'Lemon Drop' 148 <proto> that has eluded me so far.
Also not seen often these days Schrade 172S <similar blade to older 148> and Imperial Pro Guide PG1 Stainless blade with the unusual blade style.
There was recent discussion re Kit Carson so I include my boxed set mainly cos I like looking at photos of knives!! Hoo Roo.

Kit Carson Trail Knife Set. Made by Imperial Knife Company Inc..

Last edited:
Larry you must have a building that covers a city block just to house all your knives, thanks for sharing, we never get tired of looking.

Really nice Larry, I like that Kit Carson set, never seen one of those before.

Eric

Bringing up this thread for Jackie relating to the 148's he has raised question re blade etch.
I believe this will answer your question Jackie. Hoo Roo

P.S. The second photo from left on top black sheath original faintly still shows Craftsman FYI.

Last edited:
Larry,

Thank you, You have quite a collection. I'm relatively new (couple months) at collecting Schrade-Walden fixed blades. Hopefully, I can gather up just a small token like the beauties you have.

You and Michael have been a big help to me and I like to say, "Thank You'.

You all are good people.

Jackie

2n7l9gk.jpg

Just bringing up this thread as the last 2 photos contains the Mint Kit Carson complete with box and bling for info.......

Just bringing up this thread for Delmas as it discusses the various 147,148 combinations.
There was a lemon drop proto which is very rare..perhaps you have one Delmas...

Smiley,...bit of info here on the 147's as well....photos have been removed by BladeForums ...a Collector site and photos of rare knives get removed..go figure....

Back