S110V Manix for EDC

BellaBlades

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is my EDC LW S110V with my wifes BD1. After owning every variation, this model has been my favorite since coming home a few weeks ago. Before this my favorite in its class was a new Ritter M390. Both are amazing knives, but ultimately. The ergonomic design of the Manix handle wins me over.
The steel has been great. With a 14DPS factory edge. Easy to touch up. With a 20 degree micro bevel I was able to the use the blade as a can opener and open a large can of tomatos. Why, you ask? Because I could. Edge would still shave which was funny.
Zero blade play and super smooth.
Any body have user pictures of a manix?

Painters putty is all of the handles and maybe a little caulk. Love that user look.

Last edited:
Its a great edc and knife period. Best value on the planet imo. But, I really like my Caly 3.5 for edc. Both are great though.

LOL, Im sorry, I didn't realize you wanted user pics. These are new pics:eek:

If you want some new pics... just in case...
GryN5Y9.jpg

Here it is kinda used :p
wuUDucx.jpg

Its a great edc and knife period. Best value on the planet imo. But, I really like my Caly 3.5 for edc. Both are great though.

The blade that they are able to fit in such a carry friendly package makes the Caly 3.5 an excellent EDC choice. It is also my favorite.

If the S110V Manix were to come with G10 instead of FRN then I'd be all about it. I have tried FRN and I just don't like it. G10 , CF or titanium for my handles please.

If the S110V Manix were to come with G10 instead of FRN then I'd be all about it. I have tried FRN and I just don't like it. G10 , CF or titanium for my handles please.

That is where I am on the LW. It is a great value though.

Yup, I'm looking for a regular G10 Manix 2 to covert may be.

Yup, I'm looking for a regular G10 Manix 2 to covert mine

I have a set of scales and liners from a G10 model. I do not plant to switch it over as I prefer the LW handles. One of the rare times, but it just works for me on this knife.
MacLaren1 if I dont use them I will send them to you so you can convert for free.

I don't mind FRN or FRCP handles on a work knife, because it is always reflected in the price of the knife. The material is strong, light weight, and very durable. It comes in handy when you are working in conditions that are dirty and less than desirable. If you do not want FRCP, then do a blade swap. There are several instructional threads on how to.

I have a set of scales and liners from a G10 model. I do not plant to switch it over as I prefer the LW handles. One of the rare times, but it just works for me on this knife.
MacLaren1 if I dont use them I will send them to you so you can convert for free.

Wow, that would be incredible! I'd make it up to you somehow :)

The Manix 2 LW S110V was my all-time favorite EDC until recently. It has an awful lot going for it - right size, great blade shape, S110V, LW, superb locking system, just all around a great knife as a user. It , along with my BM940-1 and my ZT0770CF, were my main rotation as EDCs with the Manix getting far and away the most carries.

But that changed when I got my Yojimbo 2 CF (S90V). It has pushed my Manix back to second string with the ZT & BM. Nonetheless, the Manix is a great knife for an EDC and probably a better value than the Yojimbo. One can't go wrong with any of these 4 knives. :)

Great feedback guys, new or used I love pictures. The edge takes a nice beating and is really shines with minimal edge damage. I really love the security of the lock. The coil spring is a great idea and offers a lot of pressure when the lock is engaged. It is very important for the me that no matter how I grip or use the knife it will not come unlocked. This lock offers that.

Just a heads up, atleast 1 Manix 2 g10 in folder for sale, and 2 in the trades section. I have a g10 body otw for my s110v.

Back