Recommendation? s110v manix2. Tips for sharpening?

Received my Blurple Manix in the mail today and am looking for any tips on sharpening 110v. Will black and green bark river compound be good enough? Or do I NEED diamond/cbn?

I would also like to give a shout out to DLT Trading today. Please delete if not allowed. My last 3 out of 4 purchases have been from them. They have become my favorite dealer. Their selection is great, they have a cool rewards program, and they ship amazingly fast. Always with a little free gift too. Thank you DLT!

Last edited:
S110V takes patience. If you have diamond stones, perfect. If you don’t, prepare to have your stones wear down a bit with each sharpening. You’ll have to finish the edge off with strops loaded with diamond compound, as the huge carbides won’t be phased by anything softer.

What works well for me is diamond stones for reprofile go and the sharpmaker brown rods for touch ups. If cutting material like cardboard it seems to do well finishing with the brown stones and stropping with diamond compound.

I hone my S110 Military using an ultra-coarse DMT (220 grit), finishing with fine (red, 600 grit), no stropping. That produces a very satisfactory hair-popping edge with a good 'bite'.

You're going to need either SiC, CBN, or (ideally) diamonds. The AlOx and CrOx compounds aren't going to work very well on S110V. If you use the proper abrasives you shouldn't have any trouble sharpening it.

Thank you guys! I have a 3 pack of DMT dia-paste on its way to me. 6,3, and 1 micron.

To sharpen S110 without CBN/SiC I suggest clearing your afternoon, might want to go to the grocery store first also...definitely want to use the hardest abrasives you can. On the plus side, you can stop at about 400 grit because that is where S110 really seems to perform best, the metric butt load of carbides in it function best when coarse and aggressive like that, no reason to (attempt) to high polish.

Back