S7 Swords

400.jpg

I see "J" curls! hahah jk man, looking satin'y! Which is that? And does it have a swept blade? Or?? Also give us a side on or top down, no photo illusions! I can't figure it out :D

I see "J" curls! hahah jk man, looking satin'y! Which is that? And does it have a swept blade? Or?? Also give us a side on or top down, no photo illusions! I can't figure it out :D

That's the big one, almost ready to heat treat! It does have a sweep to it but it is hard to photograph, it has maybe 1/2" of sori. I had to stand on a chair to get the sword in fram it is so big, I will look for the "straight on" pics.

I'm proud of this one, I bet I will have at least 50 hours in it when I am done. I rough ground with a KMG but the finishing was 100% by hand starting with a file.

Dan with that much time and effort you should be getting at least $1200 or more for that sword.By the time you also figure in the cost of S7.Best sword I have seen next to a real Japanese handmade sword.

Hey Daniel, just to side track the thread again(it's Gnarly's fault, he got me thinking about
S-7 scraps) what do you think about an S-7 marlin spike? Should wear like a sumbitch.

Love it. Real good work so far Sir. I know I wont be able to afford it so I hope it goes to a good home. I am sure it will.

I'm very happy with how flat my hand sanding is coming out, there is almost no distortion in the reflection.
381.jpg

Incredible photo... I almost got the whole sword in frame. :D
385.jpg

I have never spent $500 or so on a knife... but there has to be a first time for everything right? I want to get one of those RMJ tomahawks too though and that is about $400, but I can use it as a work tool so I can write it off in taxes. Wonder if I can do the same for a sword.....
Certainly I think a sword better for zombie defense.

What do you think of S7s rust resistance?

I have never spent $500 or so on a knife... but there has to be a first time for everything right? I want to get one of those RMJ tomahawks too though and that is about $400, but I can use it as a work tool so I can write it off in taxes. Wonder if I can do the same for a sword.....
Certainly I think a sword better for zombie defense.

What do you think of S7s rust resistance?

Everyone needs a work sword! It's a tool, right!

As far as rust resistance goes the S7 is decent for a high carbon tool steel but still needs maintenance. The chromium in it gives it more resistance than most non-stainless steels.

Everyone needs a work sword! It's a tool, right!

As far as rust resistance goes the S7 is decent for a high carbon tool steel but still needs maintenance. The chromium in it gives it more resistance than most non-stainless steels.

I suppose I could cut someone out of a car with a sword... Tomahawk still would be better for that probably. Actually I haven't had to cut anyone out of a car yet but I have had to cut branches that had fallen into the roadway. The folding saw tended to work better than the small hatchet I have now though.

I suppose I could cut someone out of a car with a sword... Tomahawk still would be better for that probably. Actually I haven't had to cut anyone out of a car yet but I have had to cut branches that had fallen into the roadway. The folding saw tended to work better than the small hatchet I have now though.

It's S7, you could just chop the whole roof off!

Branches... you can simply scare them off of the road, just shake the sword in their general direction

Hey Daniel, just to side track the thread again(it's Gnarly's fault, he got me thinking about
S-7 scraps) what do you think about an S-7 marlin spike? Should wear like a sumbitch.

I think one would be very nice! M4 would make a very good one too.

Back