Sad news... Walosi has passed on

Hi everyone,

I'm writing from Dad's old webtv, so I'm logged in as Walosi right now.

I wanted to let everyone know that dad passed away last Friday night at 8:08 p.m. He put up a hell of a fight, but it finally got the better of him. He is at peace now and in a better place, continuing his journey through this existence.

My brother and I want to thank everyone for their prayers over these last few months. They meant a lot to us, and surprised the heck out of dad that so many people were pulling for him.

We are trying to pull things together now and moving mom down to NC with my brother's family. Please keep us in your prayers for a time being.

I've always said that the cantina was the nicest place on the internet. Now it is even more special as part of dad is archived here.

We hope that everyone here and your families have a wonderful holiday season.

Warmest regards to you all,

Alan (acstudios) and Brian Carroll

He will be greatly missed. His knowledge helped me many times. Take care of the family.

Sad news indeed, Alan. He was definitely one of the good guys. Holler if we can help.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, Alan. He was and still is a legend in the Cantina. He will be missed. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Jake

My heart is on the ground.:(

I'm glad to hear your mom is being moved to your brother's place Alan.
I knew you were going to have to do something but I wasn't sure what. If there is anything, anything at all, that I can do please don't hesitate to ask.

I don't know what to say, Alan. I'm speechless - and heartbroken.

I'm glad he's in a better place, though.

Suddenly my day is now much more sober.

:(

Yvsa,

There is something that you could do for me. I'll be bringing dad home with me to Wyoming. I'm thinking of taking him up into the mountains to spread his ashes in the wilderness.

I'm thinking that I'll do this on the morning of the 25th (if I make it home by then). Nobody will be around and it'll be real peaceful. If you can, could you go out that morning and play something for him on the flute? I think he'd like that.

I'll get in touch with you when I make it back. It is a 2 day drive back and I leave Wednesday. I should have enough time, but the weather seems to be getting flaky.

Alan

Damn Damn Damn. :(

He was good to me.

Steve

Edited: Alan, I'm in Kernersville, NC between Greensboro and Winston-Salem if you ever need anything done in NC.

Years ago he asked billpaxton to help him find his e-mail signature
walosi.gif
that had somehow disappeared when changing ISPs. This web page was a lot of fun to make and gave him a hardy laugh. Always kept it up so that he could link to the frog. Think I'll leave it up out of respect and gratitude for all the knowledge and laughter he brought with him to the Cantina.

My sympathies to you and your family, Alan.

Wal is still here, just as my friend Doug is.

We don't have many who become precious to us, but once they do, they are a part of us for all of our lives. Some thing like death can't separate them from who we are.

Be well and safe.

My condolences. Don was a very nice man and I enjoyed our email conversations very much. I'm sorry to see him go.

Matt

Very sorry to hear that Walosi has passed on... :(

He sent me a few highly detailed e-mails concerning wood handle materials suitable for khukuris, and his information and insights were spot on. It was during a period when he was rarely posting on the HI forum, and I really appreciated his input and expertise on the matter. He had a friendliness and wit that was felt while reading the words.

I'm happy he's at peace. Your family has my sincere condolences.

He was a great guy, and still is. I was lucky enough to get to know him when I first arrived. He would answer questions. He had a honesty which was elegant and humble I will not soon forget. He was also a very tough individual.
I'm sorry for your loss, Alan.

munk

Back