Sad news

My wife,
Tamela Ruth Germano
61 years of age, died on Saturday the sixth of June with her family and friends at her side. This followed her gallant four year battle with glioblastoma multiforme, an extraordinary effort of will and persistence.
She is survived by her husband of 30 years, Dino Germano of Reno NV, Her mother Norma Wortman of Sparks NV, brothers David of Stillwater MN and Daniel of Carson City NV, and three nephews. She was preceded in death by her father, John Wortman of Dayton NV.

Tamela was born at Macomb Illinois on February 27th, 1959 to John and Norma Wortman. She graduated from Reno High School and attended U.N.R. where she received a Bachelor of Science in Physics, and continued with a Masters degree in Computer Science. As an undergraduate under the guidance of her mentor Dr, Nouha Salibi, she operated the Stanford Linear Accelerator. In her professional career she was an I.T. Systems Administrator at Hydrosearch and VPI, and taught science at Galena High School for ten years. She was skill, elegance, and grace personified. She was devoted to family and friends and was a fierce protector of those she love. Her hobbies and interests were wide ranging and diverse. Officer in the Reno Gem & Mineral Society, Mistress of the Laurel in The Society for Creative Anachronism, Dive Master in scuba diving (PADI), Historian, Historic costume designer and maker, Middle Eastern dance instructor, Hunter and shooter (she was a GREAT shot), Jeweler including casting, lapidary, wire work, Millefiori glass bead making, and much more, Car enthusiast, Sky Diver, Astronomer, Fencer, Martial artist, And more than there is room to list.

She leaves us all richer in having known her.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Dino. She is the most wonderful woman imaginable. Those words definitely give her the honor she deserves. I believe without a shadow of a doubt that you will be together again one day. You will be on my heart brother.

So sorry Dino. It was my privilege to meet Tam a couple times and she was indeed a classy lady.

Dino, our condolences to you and the family, may your memories of her provide you with some measure of relief. We are all the better for having met your wonderful wife on several occasions. Smoke and prayers up from us in CA.

Dino, sorry to hear sad news, she was an amazing lady. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

My sincere condolences on your loss. Miss Tamela lived a rich life.

best regards

mqqn

My condolences to the family. She certainly had an interesting life. No doubt she left memories each day of her life to be cherished. Peace be with you Dino in these hard times.

Dino,
So sorry for your loss, she seemed to be an amazing person and she is at peace. Smoke and prayers to you and family during these tough times.

I am sorry for your loss. It seems she was a very interesting lady, who led a full and interesting life.

I've been been thinking about you Dino. This must be a hard time. I hope you are doing okay. Saying a prayer for you tonight.

I am so sorry Dino.
We have been out of touch and I just saw this.
Love and smoke up and never ending from me and my ladies.
I am so saddened, stick jock brother.
Mark

Dino, I, too, just came across this sad notice. Not wanting to open old wounds here, so please accept my belated, but most sincere condolences. Smoke is up for her today and a prayer spoken.

So very sorry to hear this type of news! My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Dino. She is the most wonderful woman imaginable. Those words definitely give her the honor she deserves. I believe without a shadow of a doubt that you will be together again one day. You will be on my heart brother.

Thank you so much, I have been getting back into the world, and am late in my thanks to you, and everyone.

So sorry Dino. It was my privilege to meet Tam a couple times and she was indeed a classy lady.

This will be a post to all of you, thanks from the bottom of my heart.
I miss her, and always will, but will celebrate her in doing those things she loved.
She loved meeting those of you who came up to Reno, and LOVED the dinners :)

Back