Sad sad day for my bk7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

I have babied my bk7 and used it to gut some boxes and paper and such, then my fiance tasked me with removing some roots from under a porch. I thought to myself: I finally get to use my knife and see how tuff it really is. I chopped at the roots, used it to dig a little, and all task were handled until i heard the sound that no one who spent 100 bucks on a knife wants to hear. Snap. You can only imagine how pissed i was when i heard it. I was thinking about getting a bk2 or maybe a bk9 to go along with it, and depending how kabar handles the warranty, i still may. I have read good reviews on the warranty, but when i recieved the phone call from them, she told me of the long list of things that werent covered. I did not in any way shape or form abuse it, but am nervous as hell that i will ship it to them and they just tell me its not covered. ANy of you guys have any experience with this?

Pretty sure Kabar will hook you up.... these knives almost never break.

"Snap" as in the blade is snapped into two pieces? Explain a little further, and take some pics if you can. That will go a long ways in helping you to resolve your problem. :)

Yes please, pics.

Well, as I just recently learned, they'll replace a BK2 if you break it while throwing it, I'm sure they'll replace your knife. Bummer about the broken blade. Remember to include warnings if you post pics of it. I hate the shock of opening a thread to graphic photos of broken knives- Especially Beckers.

Yes, blade snapped in two pieces. It snapped in two in the middle of the olean stamp pretty far up the blade, almost to the handle. I cant upload my images at the moment as i am at work with a filter so i cant.

They'll replace it. You weren't doing anything like that doofus in the Jason mask. Thats sounds like something you would possibly do in a survival situation.

Weird all these sudden stories of blades breaking. Almost unheard of.

I was really surprised when it happened, as i am not rambo or arnie by any means. Just a middle aged plump in the right places country boy tryin to survive. I hope they replace it, and i think i will still go with a bk2, then maybe a tweener. I would still love to get my hands on a machax, but got a sog tomahawk coming as we speak, and a cammillus carnivore soon to ship.

It's strange how some times you can bash the shit out of a knife without getting as much as a scratch, but other times a knife can break from nothing :/

So far the only knives I've broken are knives I have used for throwing. But that's to be expected. All knives break if you throw them too much (and I don't care what the Busse fans say). Also the omega spring broke on one of my benchmades.

You shouldn't give up on beckers though. They are damn tough knives :D

awaiting pictures :)

please take esp care to get the ends where it broke, rinse off dirt if need be. macro closeups at 500x please ;)

also, pix of where you were digging, and such. weird.

It will be awhile before i can upload the pics, unless i can send them to one of you fine gentlemen thru email and have you post them for me.

I'll post them. Send me an email through my profile and I'll get them up on Photobucket.

The second report of a broken blade in two days. :confused:

I'm waiting to see some photos.

Big Mike

When it rains it pours. I'm sure its merely a coincidence. Although the other thread never got pics so I've yet to believe it.

Snapped my bk7 while prying a fat lighter stump, sent it back to kabar and had a new one within 6 days.

Yes please, pics.

Well, as I just recently learned, they'll replace a BK2 if you break it while throwing it, I'm sure they'll replace your knife. Bummer about the broken blade. Remember to include warnings if you post pics of it. I hate the shock of opening a thread to graphic photos of broken knives- Especially Beckers.

Lemme say this, they replaced it, but that may not be the case everytime. Its up to Kabar to determine what will and won't be replaced.

Moose

Clich, i was hoping you would respond, wanted to say i want to be just like you when i grow up! haha! the write up on the etching is awesome! i havent actually done it as of yet, but makes the blades look super cool. I loved the bk16, it is definatly on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back