Saddleback Leather: Wallets

Received the wallets today and am very impressed with the quality. Loaded one up with everything I normally carry to see how it's going to work out.

20130516_204555_zps6b9554e8.jpg

20130516_204527_zps069923ef.jpg

20130516_210539_zps38487a53.jpg

Just got my first, and definitely not my last, Saddleback today.....put my cards and stuff in before even taking a pic. So far, I have about 6 cards, truck insurance, plus two IDs. I don't usually carry cash but I plan on putting in a couple of bills to get back in the habit of having it on hand. The ID wallet didn't come too stiff, as I've read in other posts, so I guess that would explain my being able to put my cards in the way that I did. I've already set my sights on getting two dark coffee brown medium bifolds, one for me and the other for my dad for Father's day. ;)

Attachments

• 012 (22) (800x600).jpg
    012 (22) (800x600).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 76
  • 011 (17) (800x600).jpg
    011 (17) (800x600).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 70
My post from 9-4-2010 on page 1 of this thread...

Over 2.5 years later, my feelings about this wallet

DSC03212.jpg

Good job Saddleback Leather!

Wow! Your wallet almost looks black now. Did you put any conditioner or anything on it or is that natural wear?

Wow! Your wallet almost looks black now. Did you put any conditioner or anything on it or is that natural wear?

Some Galco Leather Cleaner/Conditioner, some natural darkening, but some is just the light in the photo.

I purchased the ID wallet several months ago in Coffee Brown and have carried it everyday since, I love it. I also use a Medium Classic Brief case for work what an awesome bag!!

Had a large bifold, and almost immediately went down to a medium. I've broken two cards (from the same bank) in the same pocket in the last two years.

Other than my wallet not liking that card and/or bank, it's a handsome, well made piece.

Although I don't carry the medium bifold wallet I think the "new" design of the medium bifold wallet included pigskin in center of the wallet while the leather credit card slots were constructed of thinner leather?

Although I don't carry the medium bifold wallet I think the "new" design of the medium bifold wallet included pigskin in center of the wallet while the leather credit card slots were constructed of thinner leather?

However, the wallet in the above picture looks like it has pigskin in the center.

@Qeth: Please contact SBL with this input, and they'll advise you. They had newer versions of the bi-fold that did not break cards (and I have used it for quiet a while).

Thanks for the input, gents. I'll contact sbl and see what they say.

Just placed my order...going to try a small bi-fold in dark coffee!!

Cheers,

Chris D.:D

Had my medium bifold about a month now. Sure hope that sucker 'molds' to be a bit more thinner. Geez. I think my rear end is bruised from sitting on the thick wallet.

Had my medium bifold about a month now. Sure hope that sucker 'molds' to be a bit more thinner. Geez. I think my rear end is bruised from sitting on the thick wallet.

It definitely should, mine thinned down quite a bit from when I first got it.

Here's a couple pictures of mine from the other day, been using it every day for about 2 years now:

20131212_143516_zps5f6ee485.jpg

20131212_143628_zpsc0b012f0.jpg

It looks awesome! I've always been a fan of how tobacco ages!! Good looking piece of leather you've there CCMI!

Had a large bifold, and almost immediately went down to a medium. I've broken two cards (from the same bank) in the same pocket in the last two years.

Other than my wallet not liking that card and/or bank, it's a handsome, well made piece.

I think I've got it figured out. The new wallets seem to have eliminated the cards breaking. The difference between the new and improved is that all the credit card pockets are curved (like the bottom credit card slots on both sides of the wallet). Also, the pig skin in the center of the wallet also appears to be thinner. I'm convinced the credit card breaking days are over! See the picture of my medium bifold wallet for comparison.

To all you bifold owners......what's the key for the wallet folding properly once broken in? I've noticed mine is trying to fold crooked. Hope this makes since.

Mine folds slightly crooked too, not a big deal IMO. I guess my ass doesn't exert even pressure on it when I sit.

Back