Saddleback Leather: Wallets

7RzBktD.jpg

Is that the small/narrow bi-fold? Is the color dark/coffee brown?

Thanks,

John

Two months in with my large bifold in DCB. It's breaking in nicely, and I love how flat it sits in the pocket.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403109432.157527.jpg

What's your secret to having your wallet break in correctly? Mine have been wanting to close cooked and the OCD in me can't allow that to happen. :)

Mine was already folded like that when I received it. After having it in my pocket for a few days and sitting on a stool at work for multiple hours a day, I do have to flip it different directions every couple days just to make sure it doesn't "warp" lol.

I just received my medium wallet in Tobacco.

uploadfromtaptalk1404250832786.jpg

It's currently soaking in an application of Obenauf's LP along with my older large wallet in Dark Coffee Brown.

I just received my medium wallet in Tobacco.

View attachment 453802

It's currently soaking in an application of Obenauf's LP along with my older large wallet in Dark Coffee Brown.

I have the same wallet and applied some Fromm conditioner upon arrival just to see what would happen...color enhancement, patina. I didn't really care.
Please explain the soaking process. Is it for patina or to soften? Let us (me) know.

I have the same wallet and applied some Fromm conditioner upon arrival just to see what would happen...color enhancement, patina. I didn't really care.
Please explain the soaking process. Is it for patina or to soften? Let us (me) know.

By "soaking" I meant a heavy application of Obenauf's LP paste left to slowly absorb into the leather. Which will be easy in this weather. In colder weather, I use a hair dryer to heat up the leather enough for the preservative to melt in.

I don't really care about a patina either. It will probably happen anyway...just much slower now that I put on a preservative. I just want my leather items protected...

Last edited:
Question for owners of the medium bifold, does it have a pocket behind the card slots? I like having just one card in each slot but 6 cards won't work for me.

Question for owners of the medium bifold, does it have a pocket behind the card slots? I like having just one card in each slot but 6 cards won't work for me.

Yes it does. Two as a matter of fact. One in the left and one on the right. Just like any standard bifold wallet.

Well, I've had my medium tobacco bifold now for only 3 months with no disappointment whatsoever. The card slot tightness which has been mentioned before, has been no problem. I thought I might be dissatisfied with going from a trifold to a bifold and be hamstrung in the ability to carry all my "stuff"...wrong. All I had to do was a little spring cleaning of all the stuff that was outdated; never used; clutter. Slimmed it down a bit and plumped up the efficiency.
Only 3 months and the wallet is taking on personality.

Last edited:
Well, I've had my medium tobacco bifold now for only 3 months with no disappointment whatsoever. The card slot tightness which has been mentioned before, has been no problem. I though I might be dissatisfied with going from a trifold to a bifold and be hamstrung in the ability to carry all my "stuff"...wrong. All I had to do was a little spring cleaning of all the stuff that was outdated; never used; clutter. Slimmed it down a bit and plumped up the efficiency.
Only 3 months and the wallet is taking on personality.

In one year it will look even better!

Mike, I have the Large Tabacco Bi Fold as well and couldn't agree more. It's a little bigger height and length wise than most wallets but it's so slim you can't beat it. I'v had it for 6-7 months now and the color is fantastic. The cell phone pic doesn't do it justice.

Two months in with my large bifold in DCB. It's breaking in nicely, and I love how flat it sits in the pocket.

View attachment 449996

Mike, I have the Large Tabacco Bi Fold as well and couldn't agree more. It's a little bigger height and length wise than most wallets but it's so slim you can't beat it. I'v had it for 6-7 months now and the color is fantastic. The cell phone pic doesn't do it justice.

Will it fit comfortably in the front pocket? Because of the height I may be too scared to put it in my rear hip pocket with fear of it being picked

The large bifold fits just fine in the back pocket of 24 out of 25 of my pants (jeans, cargos, & slacks). I have one pair of tight skinny jeans where it sticks up about 3/8". I feel like I'd notice it being picked, as it fills the pocket right to left, and takes some wiggling to get it out. Unless you live in a place where pickpocketing is very common (NYC, Rome, etc.), I wouldn't worry about that. I haven't tried a front pocket, though.

Credit Card Sleeve in Carbon. 3 weeks old with 6 cards and 3 folded bills.

Yeah, and supposedly only a few items will be made in black. I'm disappointed to see Carbon go. I've carried their older solid black small bill fold over the last year until I switched to the sleeve. I love the jet black but I like the carbon even better. Unlike the solid black, the carbon takes on more character as it wears in. You can see more of the natural character of the hide with the carbon finish and it gets darker and glossy in heavy wear locations. The solid black just stays solid black, no patina, it doesn't really scratch or show wear. It's good and bad depending on what you want.

I'm stocking up on their Carbon items while they have them. I ordered another small bill fold and their credit card wallet in Carbon. I've been told they're expecting one last shipment of tow belts in carbon as well in the next couple weeks. I'm keeping an eye out for that.

I ordered some carbon things as well. I ordered a medium bifold wallet, credit card wallet, passport wallet, and a moleskin cover. Should be here Monday. I'm with you....I'm a fan of Carbon. Like it better than solid black.

Back