Safe to use cutoff wheels on angle grinder?

I think this conversation ended 10 years ago.

Welcome to Shop Talk. Please fill out your profile with the correct information. I seriously doubt you are 120 years old. Was that supposed to be 12?
When pulling up threads, look at the original post date as well as the date of the last few posts. Necroposting is frowned upon.
Sorry about the year of birth. I purposely missed this column and will edit it later after I post the comments. Then, I see this 'Once your birthday has been entered, it cannot be changed. Please contact an administrator if it is incorrect.'

I am fully aware of the original post date and last post before I post.

Even though this post happened 10 years ago, I can still gain valuable knowledge from it. Thank you. It happened that a friend and I experienced something very similar and needed enlightenment. We looked for answers from several places and got some from here. We are aware we have to share information back with those who may need it like we were. Therefore, I share them here. Btw, I am not 12.

Thanks again. Cheers.

Last edited:
No problem.

My point was that the 10 year old thread was a conversation of members, some of who have since passed away, and others who are no longer are on Bladeforums.
You weren't posting added information but asking a question. The fellows you were asking won't be answering.

As to your question, I can't see how what you described will work. Also, a modified guard may be more dangerous than no guard.

Back