SAK Alox Ambassador with cigar punch

has this model been retired ? I don't see it on Vic's site anymore. I was hoping they would make fancier ones in Walnut or M.O.P. They did make some fancy models for Davidoff that were sweet but very pricey. I think the Davidoffs predate the Vic Alox version.. They have not made the Davidoff models for about a decade maybe. I love the 74mm pattern. I have an Ambassador I carry in my coin pocket daily. Way nicer than The Classic pattern IMHO. The Classic is too small for me. I think they call the Alox cigar cutter version the Cigar Cutter 74. I never liked the cigar scissors on SAK's but the punch is nice.

I called Victorinox today and they said the Alox Cigar Cutter 74 was retired in 2015. The price probably made in unpopular. Over twice the price of the Money Clip but a lot less than the Davidoff Cigar Knife that was a Windsor that had Davidoff on it.

I was always a bit shocked about the price on it. Maybe if I was cigar afficionado I would have gotten it but as occasional smoker no.

I ordered mine today because since I posted about these they have been flying off Amazon's site. Get'em while you can at good prices. Good Luck !!!

It just came and it will be replacing my Ambassador as my EDC. Very classy !!!

Here is a pic. Absolutely love this over my Red Ambassador. So classy but a little pricey and well worth it.

Attachments

• 0049F6A1-C9AD-4A6F-860C-F5ADCAE09B87.jpeg
    0049F6A1-C9AD-4A6F-860C-F5ADCAE09B87.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 26
Sits on my desk, and helped me with a Montecisto White Robusto this evening...

I've got 3 boxes of MonteCristo Media Coronas from 2015. Different cigar from a different country. I'm mostly a Cuban cigar smoker but I do have some Non Cuban stuff. BTW I love this new SAK Cigar Cutter. My favorite 74mm SAK ever and I have EDC'd 74's for many years. I would love to have a Davidoff version but I can't justify the price for simply different scales. I'm good with this

Back