SAK Key ring

Measured low 40’s so I’ll not do that
:(
G2

A sandpaper SAK file would not have to be very hard because the “sand” is very hard. A cut SAK file would probably be as hard as a blade so the teeth would not wear out.

Well, I had another thought for the nail file on the Cadet. I had my friend check the Rockwell of the awl on my Pioneer, if was in the low 40’s I was going to grind in a chisel edge on one side but the awl measured low 50’s so I’ll have to live with it as is.
G2

Perhaps grind the rounded area and tip to a 90 degree angle to increase its ability to scrape? If you use it for outdoor adventures, you could grind one whole edge to 90 degrees to use on ferro rods.

I might do something along those lines
Thanks
G2

If you use it for outdoor adventures, you could grind one whole edge to 90 degrees to use on ferro rods.

I’ve done that on many of my knives, it’s a great mod, very useful if you carry a ferro rod in you edc. I always do that on one side of the nail file on the SAK classics, and often on the spine of fixed blades

Exotac was making firesteels with 440-C strikers. The 440-C strikers didn’t cut the mustard, so they switched to Tungsten Carbide. You can differentiate between the old and new strikers with a magnet. The 440-C is slightly attracted, the WC not at all.

Last edited:
Speaking of SAK keychain options, is a Tinker within reason? I have a Black Alox Cadet, and Classic inbound, and a Alox Pioneer as well. I'm thinking of switching the Spyderco Ladybugs on our key chains out. Why? It gives me an excuse to buy more knives! ;)

Why? It gives me an excuse to buy more knives! ;)

At least you’re honest about it. I on the other hand, have to make excuses to let myself buy a new knife.

“My S110v PM2 chips too easily, so I need to get an s30v Millie”

“Well I already have two spartans and a climber, but I want a medium size SAK with a corkscrew and a pen so I really need this Compact for my travel bag”

2FE6AAF8-4714-46C8-9A72-5B5041E1C9ED.jpeg
Speaking of SAK keychain options, is a Tinker within reason? I have a Black Alox Cadet, and Classic inbound, and a Alox Pioneer as well. I'm thinking of switching the Spyderco Ladybugs on our key chains out. Why? It gives me an excuse to buy more knives! ;)

Sounds like you need a Spydie/SAK.

Back