SAK Mods! Post your pics, questions and ideas

Spikediesel

Spare time SAK builder
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Let this be a thread for anyone to show off a Mod they built or had built, ask a question about modding, or share modding ideas and dreams! Hopefully mods fall into their own category of multi tool/multi purpose knives so this can stay here and not be moved to tinkering.

here’s a few to get the ball rolling!

DnBUkqW.jpg

Ys05qJm.jpg

nD29mil.jpg

P1wzVT5.jpg

Last edited:
I've posted this before, but here is my "Handy Explorer": A Handyman with the pliers layer replaced with the magnifying glass layer from an Explorer. It was my first (so far, only) SAK mod. I really only tried it to see if I could pull it off successfully; now that I can check "disassemble and reassemble a Swiss Army Knife" off of my bucket list as an engineer, I'm not in any hurry to do it again. No more peening brass rivets for me.
IMG_1871.jpg

Last edited:
0tLGdIn.jpg

Received this Cadet mod a while back and just wondering if there was something I could do to make the backsrping behind the can opener sit more flush. I haven't opened it up because I'm not sure what's involved in reassembling it.

How does the other end look? Judging from the picture it looks like either the outside dimension of the scale is off or the hole positions are off. If the hole positions are off the other end of the back springs will be sitting lower than the scale.

How does the other end look? Judging from the picture it looks like either the outside dimension of the scale is off or the hole positions are off. If the hole positions are off the other end of the back springs will be sitting lower than the scale.

mBVw8Zj.jpg

The other end is fairly flush. Visually, it looks ok but while rubbing my finger over that end I can feel the spring sits very very sligthly lower than the scale. It's actually more pronounced toward the middle if I'm going by touch.

Maybe contact the maker to see if they’d be willing to swap the scales? A new set of scales or grinding down the springs to match (not an ideal fix) then refinishing them are the only options that I can see here.

Maybe contact the maker to see if they’d be willing to swap the scales? A new set of scales or grinding down the springs to match (not an ideal fix) then refinishing them are the only options that I can see here.
Thanks for the info! I was only going to bother with it if it was something I could fix on my own but it doesn't sound like it.

If one had to choose between a nail file and a penknife blade on a Cadet X what would it be?

Back