SAK Mods! Post your pics, questions and ideas

OC Bushcrafter with all new tools, backsprings and a CNC machined Brass Liner.
LxXoIXD.jpg

Nothing too exotic, or even original. Ground the small blade to more of a "wood carving" profile, and removed the loop for the split ring. Changed to scales to blue, because, well, I wanted a blue Tinker. :)

original.jpg
That’s what it’s all about, making it what you want! Nice work!

I present the splinter pick Classic

I don't use the blades on my classics these days, so I decided to modify this one as it was well worn and I've got a new red one anyways.

If the blade wasn't redundant I'd probably just find a way to incorporate a pin into the classic.

I came up with this idea when thinking about what I'll put in my new pocket organizer when it arrives, and how to maximize what I carry while reducing redundancy.
I plan to pair this with a Sebertool M2, I have to get another because I stupidly gave my last away but I do have a line on another.

Been watching this thread, it's a bit dangerous to read IMHO. 🤣 Some great ideas and wonderful work shown.

Just some thoughts on what I might be looking at in the future for some of my older or spare SAKs... and interested on others thoughts on these.

Small(er)-ish Solo - based on the 84mm model instead of 93mm. I know. "But, why?" Why not?

Pen - pen knife with a nail file in place of the small blade, 84mm. Might be more useful for some of us than an Excelsior? I'd use it more than a standard pen knife.

BushCamper - taking my Campers, removing the cork screw and moving awl/ reamer into that spot, deleting the opener layer, OD or Intl Orange G10 covers. Kinda like a Bushcrafter but different.

Been watching this thread, it's a bit dangerous to read IMHO. 🤣 Some great ideas and wonderful work shown.

Just some thoughts on what I might be looking at in the future for some of my older or spare SAKs... and interested on others thoughts on these.

Small(er)-ish Solo - based on the 84mm model instead of 93mm. I know. "But, why?" Why not?

Pen - pen knife with a nail file in place of the small blade, 84mm. Might be more useful for some of us than an Excelsior? I'd use it more than a standard pen knife.

BushCamper - taking my Campers, removing the cork screw and moving awl/ reamer into that spot, deleting the opener layer, OD or Intl Orange G10 covers. Kinda like a Bushcrafter but different.
All great ideas! I have a drawing of an 84mm solo with an awesome little innovation I’ve been dying to try out. Love the “Bushcamper” name! Could build this in 84mm too!

All great ideas! I have a drawing of an 84mm solo with an awesome little innovation I’ve been dying to try out. Love the “Bushcamper” name! Could build this in 84mm too!

The 84mm are about the largest I can carry to some places, so I'm thinking of ways to transition almost all my SAKs to that size.

Wasn't aware they did saws on the 84mm, just looked at the wiki page. Not sure the name would be do-able (copyright issues with pre-existing models)? 84mm would fit with my realignment.

Things to ponder.

The 84mm are about the largest I can carry to some places, so I'm thinking of ways to transition almost all my SAKs to that size.

Wasn't aware they did saws on the 84mm, just looked at the wiki page. Not sure the name would be do-able (copyright issues with pre-existing models)? 84mm would fit with my realignment.

Things to ponder.
Could do an 84mm Bushcrafter by taking a Walker and replacing the combo tool with the awl from the 93mm. Still like your bushcamper idea for a 91mm though!

Could do an 84mm Bushcrafter by taking a Walker and replacing the combo tool with the awl from the 93mm. Still like your bushcamper idea for a 91mm though!

I'll be keeping this in mind for later.

Most of the other stuff I've thought about has already been done and shown in this thread.

Back